GOODBYE Thunderbolt - After 1 week of constant battery drainage, i gave up

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
With the spare battery kept charged and car charger if needed I am fine with my Thunderbolt. This device without doubt should have came with a bigger battery no doubt but I am not returning it. There are too many pro's to this device to return it for that con. Im getting at times 20MB+ download (36MB download best so far) and I am still amazed this can blow away most home WIFI speeds. I also like the quality of HTC devices.
Is this device perfect? No. But the battery does not bother me enough to return it.

There's nothing about the TB that I don't love, except the battery. My wife was rushed to the ER the other day. My phone died at around 12 pm... they tried calling me at 1 pm. Luckily I checked my phone and noticed it was dead.

I have 4 kids, I need the phone to last from 6am to 4pm. If I can get it to that point, it's a keeper.

Sounds like a reasonable request. Not hard to do.

Now, what is ADB?

_33

Reaction score
ADB is Android Debug Bridge... I think.

It's what I used to root many OG Droids, and I believe it's needed to root the TB.

mark3748

Reaction score
Now, what is ADB?

Android debug bridge, allows you to push and modify files on your device. It is part of the android SDK but the binaries do not require the SDK. Official info here: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

you can try this method for rooting, has two seperate downloads, one including ADB and one without:
Easyroot + S-Off - xda-developers

The one that says "adb need not be previously setup" would be the one to use.

All in all, tho, the first root method (jcase, et al) is pretty foolproof. The most difficult part is setting up the SDK for adb to work. I recommend it if you don't mind a few extra steps.

cmorning

Reaction score
I'm having battery issues as well. I read some posts on this forum to save battery life and so far I can see a difference, meaning it's better. The Thunderbolt is an awesome phone, the only issue I see right now is I'm not having good signal strength, it goes to 1x alot and sometimes 3g pops up.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the spare battery kept charged and car charger if needed I am fine with my Thunderbolt. This device without doubt should have came with a bigger battery no doubt but I am not returning it. There are too many pro's to this device to return it for that con. Im getting at times 20MB+ download (36MB download best so far) and I am still amazed this can blow away most home WIFI speeds. I also like the quality of HTC devices.
Is this device perfect? No. But the battery does not bother me enough to return it.

There's nothing about the TB that I don't love, except the battery. My wife was rushed to the ER the other day. My phone died at around 12 pm... they tried calling me at 1 pm. Luckily I checked my phone and noticed it was dead.

I have 4 kids, I need the phone to last from 6am to 4pm. If I can get it to that point, it's a keeper.

I hope your wife is ok :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wish I knew how to do that stuff, but I'm afraid I would brick my phone.

It's really easy, the TBolt was my first Root and I had no issues. Android Police put up the instructions and there are a couple of YouTube Videos on installing ADB and Rooting. I just renamed many of the Bloatware programs so they won't run anymore. Going to test out the battery tomorrow.

I also hope they come out with a ROM, etc. that will underclock so I can perhaps squeeze a little more out of the battery just for kicks.

_33

Reaction score

I hope your wife is ok :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yeah, she's fine now. Had a serious upper respiratory thing going on for over a week. Then she tore something while coughing. I hate those vague messages you get sometimes that make you worry.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Zero issues with battery life and I've been using it quite heavily gg pz. Full charge since 12 pm this afternoon, and its not 8:21 pm and im at 59% 8).

wingdo

Reaction score
I think I finally have my battery issue resolved, but it took a guy who gives a damn. The guy that sold me the phone is going to eat the cost of a 2200mah battery because Verizon won't take care of it.

He deserves kudos, but VZW needs to address this concern. I didn't want a pregnant looking phone and I do not want a battery that is physically bigger.

When the pile of returns start mounting up I suspect they will. Meanwhile I get to keep the phone that I love and make it through the day without worrying about a dead phone.

Long live Todd. :greendroid:

Where did you find a 2200mah battery to fit inside the TB?

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I think I finally have my battery issue resolved, but it took a guy who gives a damn. The guy that sold me the phone is going to eat the cost of a 2200mah battery because Verizon won't take care of it.

He deserves kudos, but VZW needs to address this concern. I didn't want a pregnant looking phone and I do not want a battery that is physically bigger.

When the pile of returns start mounting up I suspect they will. Meanwhile I get to keep the phone that I love and make it through the day without worrying about a dead phone.

Long live Todd. :greendroid:

Where did you find a 2200mah battery to fit inside the TB?

I didn't. But my sales rep. did. I will ask him.

Must be a VZW deal.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I've considered updating the battery to a larger one as well, but to be honest, its actually not even necessary anymore. I thought at first it might be, but this battery gives me a full days use without any problems at all. And thats a good fifteen hours at the least.