Goodbye Sourcery, miss ya

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Sadly, I have moved back to CM as my stable ROM of choice for now. After switching in and out my favorite kernels of choice I just couldn't get any good battery performance out of Sourcery.

It's too bad really, I really like the Sourcery magic.

If anyone finds some exceptional battery longevity out of a certain kernel let me know for future reference, but so long for now.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
1ghz Slayher Kernel gives me 15 hours with moderate use.. but i'm sure you gave it a good run and we'll do our best to keep the magic going..

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
1ghz Slayher Kernel gives me 15 hours with moderate use.. but i'm sure you gave it a good run and we'll do our best to keep the magic going..

Yea, gunna keep my sourcery nandroids warm and available for some future testing. Just for the record here are the kernels I tried over about a weeks time.

- 1ghz Slayher
- 1.2ghz Slayher (best battery longevity, about 10-12hrs moderate\heavy usage)
- 1ghz Raidzero
- 1ghz ULV Chevys new Froyo\GB kernel
- 1.2ghz ULV Chevys new Froyo\GB kernel
- deprimed #20 (sadly this gave me android.core force closures but it doesn't for CM froyo)

On CM6 or 7 I can get about 20+ hours easily with deprimed's kernel. I'll have to check back with some other kernels when I get some time. Sourcery is definitely a more fun ROM than CM.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I didn't try any of deprimed kernels yet... i'm assuming the force close is because Sourcery has been undeveloped for about 3 month now and deprimed kernels are fairly recent.. maybe Eagle would get a chance to turn up the magic and test it out..

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
i've always wondered what you folks consider moderate heavy use, i use my phone extensively while in court weekly and at 500 mhz on lots of diff kernels i've never seen the battery life that people in these forums claim to get at 1ghz.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
1ghz underclock to 800mgh, moderate use, phone calls, text, gmail, 3g, pretty much full use of the phone about 15hrs with 10% - 15% left.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Yeah that's really too bad. Sorcery is still my rom of choice with excellent battery life. 20 hours! I never have been able to get that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I didn't try any of deprimed kernels yet... i'm assuming the force close is because Sourcery has been undeveloped for about 3 month now and deprimed kernels are fairly recent.. maybe Eagle would get a chance to turn up the magic and test it out..

primed only tested his kernels for CM, which is probably why I get android.core force errors... got the same error on Sapphire

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've found I had to adjust cpu tuner battery levels. I usually had it underclock at 40%, but then it can take a whole other day for that 40% to die. I've since adjusted the low/critical battery levels to 15/10/5%, and it works much better.

In a day or two I'll post some time since last plugged in numbers for you.

I've started having fantastic battery life with chevy ulv 1.2ghz

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
i've always wondered what you folks consider moderate heavy use, i use my phone extensively while in court weekly and at 500 mhz on lots of diff kernels i've never seen the battery life that people in these forums claim to get at 1ghz.

moderate to heavy for me is twitter, facebook, texts, few phone calls, some internet, tapatalk, google reader, gmails, small market browsing... my phone is pretty much a social outlet. very rarely do I use games.

I have gone through many different ROM's and kernels over the year and a half with my Droid, I had great battery life with Jrummys Kangerade about a year ago, pretty decent battery experience with Sapphire and my best battery with CM.

I find when kernel developers make kernels specifically for a ROM, like in Sapphire and CM's case, the battery life is the most optimal it can possibly get.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thats cool

you damn trader... no :)
but that kernel to the rom really is a feature set not really gonna change batterylife.
i have always had great battery life with sourcery with the stock (not when i used cm as stock though) and slayer 1200 underclocked to 900. but its wierd how that works.
want to see some bad battery life.. run netflix. man that eats battery :)
works great but man you can almost watch the battery tick down :)

do you have a froyo build or going back to ginger****. ginger**** may shut things down better which causes the better battery life. dont know.
its all about what works for you.

thanks for playing around with it. it is nice to see people still liking a rom that hasnt been updated in 4 months.

i know i do. i miss several things on it that i dont currently have on my g2x. like netflix dammit :) guess im gonna have to break down and root eventually.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
but that kernel to the rom really is a feature set not really gonna change batterylife.
i have always had great battery life with sourcery with the stock (not when i used cm as stock though) and slayer 1200 underclocked to 900. but its wierd how that works.

do you have a froyo build or going back to ginger****. ginger**** may shut things down better which causes the better battery life. dont know.

thanks for playing around with it. it is nice to see people still liking a rom that hasnt been updated in 4 months.

i know i do. i miss several things on it that i dont currently have on my g2x. like netflix dammit :) guess im gonna have to break down and root eventually.

Or break down and do some more magic :)

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

Yea I went back to gingercrap for now.. trying one of the cm nightlies at least until I see those stupid random reboots again.. battery life is just so great on this rom but ill prolly end up back to froyo again in a week for stability, prolly sourcery too.

Oh yea and root ur g2x already :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i got some big well actually huge stuff for u to play with soon been going at this app for over a month now and i'm guessing about a week or so to go og is gonna have some new life again soon :)

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Well i got some big well actually huge stuff for u to play with soon been going at this app for over a month now and i'm guessing about a week or so to go og is gonna have some new life again soon :)

Randimations looks really rad, what are you adding to it currently?