Goodbye rooted D1

plongson

Reaction score
Hello TB...Ya I thrashed the O'l D1 and put it through the paces. I had a 1200 kernel and so many things going, some times the CPU was 140 degrees. It started to act up and I saw I had an upgrade so here I am.

Gott'a say it's nice to not have to mess with. TB came stock with much of what I had to either DL or root for. Overall I'm happy, very happy except for one thing...

It STILL has that pathetic voice dialer the D1 had that is so buggy it's USELESS!!

The DX has a VOICE COMMAND feature that rocks, and works perfect. The TB has the same miserable old hag voice saying "SPEAK NOW" and can never get it right. I was sure hoping this Verizon flagship would have improved it but not this go round.

This is my only complaint to date...

brad r

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I can't believe all the apps and features that work on this phone that totally crapped out on my D1. Like Beautiful Live Weather and Words With Friends.

My only complaint is that I wish the charger location was in the upper left corner instead of the lower left. Why would they do that?

Oh, and the battery cover pisses me off. They made it too hard to remove imo.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still lovin my d1 with sourcery and custom built kernel :) don't ever want to say good bye to my d1 ha always going to keep this thing it's what helped me find my great love of the wonderful android system

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DrewB

Reaction score
I hated how easily the back door fell off on the D1 lol

sent from tunda bow

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
My only complaint is that I wish the charger location was in the upper left corner instead of the lower left. Why would they do that?

LOL!! I think the design group was smok'n da good stuff that day...Try using the kick stand (Jiffy stand to us Harley types) and the charge cord at the same time. "DOH..."

It was probably some assembly line worker child in China that said "Look Mommy, round eye make big boo-boo"...

brad r

Reaction score
LOL!! I think the design group was smok'n da good stuff that day...Try using the kick stand (Jiffy stand to us Harley types) and the charge cord at the same time. "DOH..."
Just tried that, you're right, that is such an oxymoron. Like a helicopter with an ejector seat!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Yeah I'm with plongson and brad, I too came from a rooted D1, overclocked as well and I can say that my overclocked D1 didn't have anything on this TB minus the ROM developers, but that phone stuck with me through the worst. I'm still using my D1 around the house to this day. It's hard to give up the custom ROM Simply Stunning, but my developer is taking a poll to see which ROM he will develop for next. If he got his D1 around the same time I got mine, then I can conclude that he has an upgrade in his back pocket.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried that, you're right, that is such an oxymoron. Like a helicopter with an ejector seat!

We tested those in PAX River, MD ...

The Lead test Pilot was LCDR. Frank "Stump" Johnson ... :)

TDevilsG

Reaction score
Yeah I'm with plongson and brad, I too came from a rooted D1, overclocked as well and I can say that my overclocked D1 didn't have anything on this TB minus the ROM developers, but that phone stuck with me through the worst. I'm still using my D1 around the house to this day. It's hard to give up the custom ROM Simply Stunning, but my developer is taking a poll to see which ROM he will develop for next. If he got his D1 around the same time I got mine, then I can conclude that he has an upgrade in his back pocket.

I was using Simply Stunning as well. It was a fantastic ROM. I'm eagerly awaiting an easy way to root this phone and hopefully another masterpiece by Chevy. that was my favorite part about having the D1; the customization aspect with roms and rooting for potential overclock. I'm still waiting, however impatient, for these opportunities to arise with the new TB.