Goodbye Original DROID, Officially “Out of Stock”

interndom

Reaction score
Just because you cant root doesnt mean that the after D1 droids arent customizable. I know you cant over clock it but you can use whatever back grounds, arrange your apps on any page the way you want and with the apps out there you can customize a bunch of things. I have the DX and it is crazy fast, way faster than my D1 was and I can do so much more as far as pics, vids, and movies! I will admit that I do not care to spend hundreds on a phone then sit down right out of the box and root and reroot and change roms every third day just to change it up.

For the geeks out there that are like that, sorry for your loss!

Its not about changing it every other day. its about what android was made for.. the purpose of it... Freedom, open source. and its being locked down by moto BLURR and signed boot loaders. Yea im sure the DX is fast.. and im sure the Droid2 and Droid Pro wil be super fast as well and Im also sure that in less than a year from those releases motorola will release something better with more of a nazi lockdown on it. but whatever. I love my droid. I like the keyboard and the "what if" option i have. Plus JRummy is a development GURU! and he makes some sick looking stuff... and honestly i HATE the white notification bar hahaah sounds stupid but yea. The main problem is the DX is taking away from the reason why google BUILT ANDROID. ... and thats the worst part.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Well the Droid is gone from the verizon where i am.Every night i charge my phone to 100% then turn it off for the night.For the past few days it doesn't turn on in the morning and i have to charge it completely again..I'm going to call and hopefully i can get a replacement Droid..

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Compared to a stock Droid, the X has a small advantage. But working with the X for a few hours, it is very laggy due to way too many programs running.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
No edits, yay.

I would say the Droid 1 is Windows XP running on decent hardware with 20 processes running, and the X is Vista on better hardware with 70 processes. :p

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I was at BBY today in Minneapolis picking up madden. They still have Droid 1 in stock, also Droid 2 is in stock as well.

I think it comes down to that they are no longer being manufactured and whats left if left..

As for replacements, Im sure some 'refurbed' ones are still out there, again, until they are gone I am guessing..

Yes this is true i just called Verizon two days ago and told them i needed a replacement droid 1 and after all the trouble shooting and stuff i just received my replacement droid today so they still have stock for replacements at least for now anyhow!

ogs0592

Reaction score
so i do not have an upgrade with verizon till either 2011 or 2012 i believe. but i dropped my motorola droid this morning face first on the ground. tried booting it back up but wont, back light is kinda lit up but thats the only thing that happens. anyone have any help for me?

or anyone know what i will be offered as a replacement phone if i pay for one and file a claim please message me and let me kno asap!!!! big thanks.

not_ritedroid

Reaction score
Droid 1 still available in Winston-Salem, NC!

Just convinced my partner to upgrade from his blackberry to the original Moto Droid. Did this on verizonwireless.com. It was still available as an option!! :icon_ banana:

wmnomore

Reaction score
so i do not have an upgrade with verizon till either 2011 or 2012 i believe. but i dropped my motorola droid this morning face first on the ground. tried booting it back up but wont, back light is kinda lit up but thats the only thing that happens. anyone have any help for me?

or anyone know what i will be offered as a replacement phone if i pay for one and file a claim please message me and let me kno asap!!!! big thanks.

If you have asurion insurance, you can get an exchange. there is some talk of them not carrying the droid1 anymore though. you will have to pay a deductible but you will get a new/refurbished phone. if you don't have insurance, verizon probably won't help you. you will have to buy one outright, or switch to an old phone until upgrade time.
goodluck

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Why am I not worried that the "locked" Droid 2 will get cracked/rooted anyway?

interndom

Reaction score
Yup D2 is out now and D1 is NOWHERE to be found... just got a like new replacement to hopefully hold me over until something good comes out...

bhall238

Reaction score

Compare up to 3 phones DROID by Motorola
sm_star_4.png

Full Retail Price$559.99 Price with 2yr contract$249.99Online Discount - $100.00Your Price$149.99 Buy Now:

Buy the DROID by Motorola and Get One FREE!
with 2yr activation per phone

Still shows up for me....