Goodbye Original DROID, Officially “Out of Stock”

interndom

Reaction score
I get that for the Droid X, will ship by 8/25. what state are you in? Ill check a proxy there. I see it now when I log into my account but if I just go to the verizon website without logging in its gone. or if you go to droiddoes.com and click on buy now for the droid verizon cannt find the webpage for it anymore. wierd stuff man.

gruve

Reaction score
I was at BBY today in Minneapolis picking up madden. They still have Droid 1 in stock, also Droid 2 is in stock as well.

interndom

Reaction score
i duno but one time last month when I needed a replacement the told me the replacements were out of stock and tried giving me a devour. I told them that was BS and waited and someone they magically sent me one. They may have them but I REALLY think that they are trying to phase them out.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was at BBY today in Minneapolis picking up madden. They still have Droid 1 in stock, also Droid 2 is in stock as well.

I think it comes down to that they are no longer being manufactured and whats left is left..

As for replacements, Im sure some 'refurbed' ones are still out there, again, until they are gone I am guessing..

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crazy - not even 1 year old.

It's a conspiracy... suck everybody into Android with the D1, then move as many of them to locked up phones as possible. ;)

interndom

Reaction score

I think it comes down to that they are no longer being manufactured and whats left if left..

As for replacements, Im sure some 'refurbed' ones are still out there, again, until they are gone I am guessing..

yeah its kinda sad though because honestly the droid 1 was one of the BEST phones out there. I need to someone stockpile on the droid 1's haha. I will definitely get another replacement in another month to ensure I have a BRAND new (or like new) droid before they become antiques...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's just nice to be able to make my phone "mine" so to speak. I can do pretty much whatever to the Moto Droid and it won't look like the other thousands upon thousands that have it. As long as they make a new phone that gives me the capability (by Big Red or other means) to change it, I will be ok. Until that day though, I will be on Ebay finding the Moto whenever mine dies.

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
noo, I just got mine today :( lol I coudln't have timed it any worse. now i'll be stuck with the d1

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
noo, I just got mine today :( lol I coudln't have timed it any worse. now i'll be stuck with the d1

1st, if you are a casual user and plan doing nothing to the phone then yes. your timing was bad (I guess, maybe). If you want to be able to make the phone change and be more like what YOU want ti to be then your timing couldnt have been better. You loucked out and have the perfect phone (at this time anyway).

Lastly, Verizon gives you 7 days. If you don't like or want the phone, take it back, pay the $30, get the phone you want and call it a day.

rbkhockey81

Reaction score

1st, if you are a casual user and plan doing nothing to the phone then yes. your timing was bad (I guess, maybe). If you want to be able to make the phone change and be more like what YOU want ti to be then your timing couldnt have been better. You loucked out and have the perfect phone (at this time anyway).

Lastly, Verizon gives you 7 days. If you don't like or want the phone, take it back, pay the $30, get the phone you want and call it a day.

I am a casual user.

I got my phone from an authorized verizon dealer but not the verizon store, since it was cheap.

will they let me return it?

jen7724

Reaction score
More than likely they will let you return it. Check your agreement with them. It's usually a 30 day satisfaction guarantee as long as the phone is not damaged. They should have included an agreement with your purchase going over the return policy. If not, call them and ask.

interndom

Reaction score
See the good thing is they already figured out ROOT access for the droid x, so once they get custom roms down which will happen ill switch to it when my droid dies. but i do like the custom keyboards. and its a shame to think that what the DROID 1 had/has is the thing that made is WAY better than any iphone. if they keep up this concentration camp BS with android were all bettter off with Mr. Jobs.. haha yeah right but i mean seriously Motorola is WRECKING a good thing!

FireDroid

Reaction score
Just because you cant root doesnt mean that the after D1 droids arent customizable. I know you cant over clock it but you can use whatever back grounds, arrange your apps on any page the way you want and with the apps out there you can customize a bunch of things. I have the DX and it is crazy fast, way faster than my D1 was and I can do so much more as far as pics, vids, and movies! I will admit that I do not care to spend hundreds on a phone then sit down right out of the box and root and reroot and change roms every third day just to change it up.

For the geeks out there that are like that, sorry for your loss!