Goodbye Original DROID, Officially “Out of Stock”

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the release of the D2 they will probably keep the Original Droid out of stock so the new and upgrading customers wanting a Droid with a keypad only have one clear choice, they have sold plenty of D1's and now it's time to sell some D2's

J

Johnly

For the release of the D2 they will probably keep the Original Droid out of stock so the new and upgrading customers wanting a Droid with a keypad only have one clear choice, they have sold plenty of D1's and now it's time to sell some D2's
You sir, are a brilliant one....

dragozoid

Reaction score

Yeah, looks like they're just replacing the D1 with the D2.

Detonation

Reaction score
Is anyone actually surprised by this? Almost all devices in the computer/technology industry become obsolete within a year. Most of the parts I used to build my PC with last year cannot be found/bought new anymore. My Samsung LCD TV thats about a year and a half old isn't manufactured anymore and costs about half the price where you can find it in stock.

The key here is that Verizon still needs to keep supporting the phone.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Exactly Detonation. Everyone is spazzing like the fact you cant buy it anymore means its gonna die in your hand. Move on. Your locked in your contract for at least another year anyway, so enjoy the Droid1 goodness and see whats out there when its upgrade time again.

interndom

Reaction score
Verizon stopped selling Droid 1!

Its very sad news. All you others may know this but i just found out that the Droid 1 is no longer for sale on the verizon website. Its a sad time for us geeks. and the end of an era for good, customizable phones. RIP Droid 1..

interndom

Reaction score
According to other threads/forums, it may just be out in your region. It shows in some regions and not in others.

Actually i just went to the website from a proxy and it was out. I wasnt logged into my account either. they stopped selling it just found another posting that droid 2 pre sell starts tomorrow. its over guys. im very sad