Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Sad, sad day indeed. The original Motorola Droid is now listed as “out of stock” on VerizonWireless.com. We had received word that this had happened a few days ago, but were unable to produce the same image and continued to hold out some hope that it was a regional thing. It’s not.

It was a good almost 9 month run wouldn’t you say? Time for it’s replacement. A locked down beast. The Droid 2.

-kellex

droid-life.com

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Well as much as i hate the apple empire at least when they did a hardware update from 3G to 3GS they did not drop the 3G like they did with droid 1.:icon_evil: And if this is the new trend of locking down all verizon phones then i think verizon's day in the sun will be short lived. Moto did not make a great droid, the developers on this forum and the few who left did.

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well as much as i hate the apple empire at least when they did a hardware update from 3G to 3GS they did not drop the 3G like they did with droid 1.:icon_evil: And if this is the new trend of locking down all verizon phones then i think verizon's day in the sun will be short lived.

Well Im kind of wondering if that means they are just temporarily out of stock or its location based or what. I know some people it is not saying 'Out of stock" when they go to the website to check.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wouldn't count on them keeping it "out of stock" indefinitely.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I wouldn't count on them keeping it "out of stock" indefinitely.

Yea, I think I saw somewhere I saw before that they put something like "No Longer Available" or "Not Available" when they drop a phone for good. I could be wrong.

n813ca

Reaction score
so does this mean when I need a replacement they can't send me one?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can still buy this phone in any Verizon store in Dayton. Up until the end of July they were doing a buy one get one free promotion. Thats how my wife and I got one.