Goodbye Moto... for now

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Androidatic said:
I sold my Razr and got an iPhone 4s in May. I jail broke it and aside from Swiftkey there isn't really much else I miss.

I had to turn off 4G to get through the day so I'm not missing 4G at all. The Retina display is so clear that viewing a smaller screen hasn't been a problem.

I really wish Moto would have put the Razr HD tech into the Razr. If they had I probably wouldn't have jumped ship.

It was a very difficult decision to make but one that I don't regret. I refuse to buy a Samsung and just wasn't impressed with the HTC One. Moto was my last hope but their decision to pump out phones like OctoMom pumps out kids really soured me.

Yeah, more choices always makes it hard for me. I like a company to make all my decisions for me by telling me i should like their one product. Seriously, I'm glad for anyone who has found the smartphone they are happy with. Nothing worse than being stick with a devise you don't really like. But apple is not for me.

Androidatic

Reaction score
Yeah, more choices always makes it hard for me. I like a company to make all my decisions for me by telling me i should like their one product. Seriously, I'm glad for anyone who has found the smartphone they are happy with. Nothing worse than being stick with a devise you don't really like. But apple is not for me.

I felt that way for years. I had the Eris on release day. From there the Incredible and finally the Razr. I used to hate Apple. I really liked Android but I don't like way phone support pretty much dies after about 18 months.

With Verizon forcing customers to switch to shared data with a subsidized phone purchase, I realized that I was going to be buying used phones that are a year old or so. Since Apple supports their phones for several years, that fit perfectly into my plan.

It's not about anyone making decisions for me. It's about support far down the road. It's about resale value. It's about knowing that my phone won't be obsolete in 6 months and that I will be able to run new apps 2 years from now.

lakerkev

Reaction score
Given the success of the razr/maxx I am confident that app devs wont leave the razr out for quite some time. When devs make apps usually they are looking to support the most handsets that they can. With the razrs specs still reasonably up to snuff( aside from more ram on some newer units as well as hd rez) devs will find it easy to include the razr. Even as it becomes middle of the road devs are aiming for those devices so as to support the most devices they can and nit just tech people who have to have the latest and greatest. Glad u are happy though...