goodbye friends.... I've had a wonderful time but I got an s3

jwilly216

Reaction score
I got my s3 and kept my unlimited data! I found a loophole so now I can Use upgrades whenever I want.

This phone is awesome. I'll be getting settled in to the s3 side of the forums, so... Goodbye bionic forum

Hiker5208

Reaction score
jwilly216 said:
I got my s3 and kept my unlimited data! I found a loophole so now I can Use upgrades whenever I want.

This phone is awesome. I'll be getting settled in to the s3 side of the forums, so... Goodbye bionic forum

How about sharing the revelation? It could help others.

Bfp

Reaction score
Good luck with you S3, my friend has gone thru 3 of them in 8 weeks and is now going to a razor maxx.....S3 dropping calls, battery life, sounding scratchy and garbbled up.

pistacio

Reaction score
Upgrade a family members phone who doesn't use much data, they get tiered data, then swap your device for their device... Presto, keep your unlimited.

Glad to hear it works!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Upgrade a family members phone who doesn't use much data, they get tiered data, then swap your device for their device... Presto, keep your unlimited.

Glad to hear it works!

Not a useful loop hole for a single guy such as myself who can only afford one line. To be honest, single people are absolutely SCREWED by ALL of Verizon's new policies, though.

pistacio

Reaction score
True^

OP could have been talking about a different loophole... Selfish not to explain and help others.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
The thread wasn't intended to be about the loophole so sorry for leaving that part out. This doesn't help the single line people but I just had to give my mom my upgrade, use the alternate upgrade to get the s3 on her line then put her LG dare back on her line and they just stuck MY microSim into the s3.
Using this method, I can use upgrades whenever I want and still keep many unlimited.

jstwondrng

Reaction score

Good luck jwilly216! We'll miss you but you're definitely doing the right thing in going S3! Trust me, if I could switch right now, I'd be laying my Bionic to pasture... So jealous!!!

J

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
jstwondrng said:
Good luck jwilly216! We'll miss you but you're definitely doing the right thing in going S3! Trust me, if I could switch right now, I'd be laying my Bionic to pasture... So jealous!!!

J

Thank you, friend!
B-)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The thread wasn't intended to be about the loophole so sorry for leaving that part out. This doesn't help the single line people but I just had to give my mom my upgrade, use the alternate upgrade to get the s3 on her line then put her LG dare back on her line and they just stuck MY microSim into the s3.
Using this method, I can use upgrades whenever I want and still keep many unlimited.

According to a Verizon level 2 support rep., they will catch up with that method of trying to bypass the lost unlimited on your line. The rule is, you can't "give" an upgrade from your line to another. The upgrade takes place on your line since that's the one eligible. That is also the one that will have the new 2 year contract. It makes no difference what you do with the new phone, whether you activate it on your mother's line, your line, our even if you sell the phone on eBay, you will still lose your unlimited since Verizon subsidized the new phone purchase with a line that was unlimited (your line).

I can't day for sure how long before the system catches up with you, but I've been assured it will. There used to be the option to "transfer" an upgrade to another line, but no longer. The proper terminology now is that she can "use" your upgrade to get a new phone for her, but its still considered your upgrade and as such it kicks you off the unlimited plan.

If a rep led you to believe otherwise that rep is either misinformed or is a holdout from the old plan rules and is in need of Quality Assurance Training.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

josh1980

Reaction score
A friend just called me today asking about exactly what FoxKat said. He got a letter in the mail that his unlimited plan will be terminated as of the first day of his next billing cycle. I told him I hadn't heard of it, but after reading FoxKat's response I'm pretty sure that's what has happened. He did exactly what the OP did.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
In response to foxkat,
I didn't trick them. They technically call it an alternate upgrade and I was completely honest to them. I even called tech support literally 4 or 5 times and I told the rep that did the upgrade that if anything happens to my unlimited I am gone.
The other person that takes about the letter that their friends got in the mail-
I am not questioning your honesty but I haven't heard of that happening since the Palm pre days and I seriously doubt it's gonna happen to me and get me to cancel my entire family's account and move to s different network because of something so silly

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
In a few months youll be bored of the s3 and want the next better phone. Its an endless cycle...

This is all too true, my friend