Goodbye Droid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well I've had the Droid for a little (days) over a year and decided to give it up to my sibling who needed a new phone. I've moved onto the Incredible.

I'll still be around and try to help, but will be less frequent (not sure if any of you droiders noticed me anyway). Thank you all who have helped me learn about rooting, roms, etc. It's been really fun and I hope to have the same fun with my new Incredible.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! And I was definitely thankful for the wealth of information provided by all of you!

Last edited:

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Lol

Nope never heard of you until now but heck i will miss you =). Anyways the droid came Nov 6. so i guess you are right its a little more than a year but barely.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope never heard of you until now but heck i will miss you =). Anyways the droid came Nov 6. so i guess you are right its a little more than a year but barely.

yeah, maybe "a bit" wasn't a really good choice of words. I got mine release day =).

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well hopefully you won't leave, the incredible is still a Droid phone from Verizon!

Droidforums.net appified!

Found another part of the forum to post in, you'll find me in the DroidInc. side, but i'll definitely try to help still around here.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Cool

I had the dinc for a good 3 weeks, battery life sucked so i switched to the droid X but nonetheless a perfectly good phone. I suggest you look into this
SkyRaider-Sense ROM and unrEVOked 3.21 root. Good luck!

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I just returned the 3 Dinc I had. Battery life sucked, but bigger issue was the lack of reception. Most I ever had was 2 bars. Returned them today, got 2 X and a D2 and they all are getting 4 bars like they should. Phones were nice, but reception was a huge problem.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Wow

Psych what 3 phones haha family im guessing? Or all for you =O JW hahaha.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are very kind to give your droid to a sibling.

I've seen your previous post so thanks for what you have done to help the Android community.

The Dinc is a sister forum to DF. Hope you are able to learn and contribute on that Forum. Stop back every now and agan to say hi.

Mike

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Enjoy your incredible dezymond. Hate to see you go but at least you will still be in the neighborhood. And yes I do know who you are : ) you are a great member.

See you around!

Sent from my Droid

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Psych what 3 phones haha family im guessing? Or all for you =O JW hahaha.

Yes it was my kids phones. They liked the phones, but not being able to be understood half the time on a phone call was annoying. I kept the phone for a little over 2 weeks, but when Verizon couldn't do anything about the reception problem they had to go. Nice phone, battery issue could have been worked around with an extended battery.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
dezymond - I don't know you any more than you know me, but I always did like and read your posts and comments - don't be a stranger here dude :motdroidvert:

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Nice

Anyways how you liking the incredible?

Last edited:
OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You are very kind to give your droid to a sibling.

I've seen your previous post so thanks for what you have done to help the Android community.

The Dinc is a sister forum to DF. Hope you are able to learn and contribute on that Forum. Stop back every now and agan to say hi.

Mike

Enjoy your incredible dezymond. Hate to see you go but at least you will still be in the neighborhood. And yes I do know who you are : ) you are a great member.

See you around!

Sent from my Droid

dezymond - I don't know you any more than you know me, but I always did like and read your posts and comments - don't be a stranger here dude :motdroidvert:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Definitely won't be a stranger and I'll try to help around here still, this is one of my favorite forums to go to, and arguably the one i'm on the most. I may not have my Droid anymore, but I still got all the info from this forum and hope to share that with the new members.