Goodbye Droid X, Hello Iphone 4S

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by bigdog9586, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ashiyatl

ashiyatl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i agree i laughed a little. hopefully they're jokes in good taste though and not the hollerings of a bunch of redneck trolls lol.

2. Gmansurge

Gmansurge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, don't want an Iphone.

I see the updates differently. I've had my X for near 1.5 years. It started with Android 2.1, updated to 2.2 and now I'm at 2.3.3. In addition I have seen at least 4 system updates. This has kept my X current and I have never had a problem with updating. All has worked smoothly. I appreciate the updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't understand the iphone bashing. My wife has the X and hates it. It crashes, locks up, constantly updating to fix nothing, etc...

She is a perfect candidate for the iphone. Just want something that works that you don't have to put time into to get it to work. Make calls, check emails, comparison shop at the store, etc... Some people just want to make their life easier with a device not harder by having to play with it constantly.

I like tinkering with the thing but some of you guys make it a hobby.

4. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Here's a short video about all the "New" features in iOS 5. Enjoy:
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I can understand the guys frustration! I have had my x for 9 months and am on my 5th one. The phone has a multitude of problems! Both software and hardware! I too have contemplated switching but have decided not to due to the lack of customization! I will say that the iphone back up is much better then android.

All in all I would do some research and consider a different brand of phone before jumping ship. I am not too impressed with Motorola and am just as frustrated! I have considered flashing roms etc but am kinda at a loss. I want a phone without major problems right from stock. I don't want to have to fix it by roms.

Ya sorry. Anyways, consider another brand man. HTC is seemingly pretty nice atm

6. ashiyatl

ashiyatl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a great point. I recommended an iPhone for my dad and my brother both. They're wall street guys who don't really give a flip about having only 1 or 2 option that's usually not free. All they care about is reliability and consistency. This is exactly who the iPhone is targeted for. The android is becoming more and more the techie's phone. And by my book that's great because I'm definitely not a candidate for an iPhone. My mom has an X and she likes it but that's just because she fails @ smartphone operation too much to recognize the difference between that and an iPhone. (And she thinks her phone is still the best because its screen is biggest haha) She's figured out the smartphone once now, even if android was a bit harder learning curve, so ill let her stay on the X even though she's the definition of an iPhone candidate. These things all go into it.

The brand change is a great suggestion. A LOT of the problems with android phones are related to OS modification by manufacturers which they implement so they can create sub-markets of brand-loyalty within an OSs existing market share. The only word of.caution against leaving. The metal-bodied X and Motorola in general is you will notice a fairly big difference in signal strength.

#42 ashiyatl, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  7. Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly what "bugs" are you currently dealing with?

8. dAi

dAi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'll regret it BC they're coming out with iPhone 5 and then 2mos later iPhone 5s and then iPhone 6 and then iPhone 6s and you're stuck on iPhone 4s

9. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    The front button leds are one bug that's persistent but not new. They seem almost to be reversed in function, on when they should be off and off when they should be on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

10. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    What are you talking about that makes absolutely no sense. They don't even have a release date for the five.

If you wanna go down that road there's a new Android every other week. Just defeats the argument.

11. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank god someone said something because I was about to. that's silly logic... as soon as you get the newest phone. Something big and better is out. Murphy's law

12. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    And technology of course

Search tags for this page
can a droid go to istore

droid x to iphone 4s