Goodbye Droid 2 Global!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by warped1987, Sep 18, 2011.

1. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just got off the phone with VZW Warranty. I had a problem with my latest refurbished D2G. This is my 2nd refurbished one from them. I had just received my newest one yesterday and it reset itself about 25 times. So I told them that the people on the phone last time told me that I could get a new model phone since I've had so many problems with mine, and so they told me I could either get the Droid X or the Droid Incredible 2.

So I went with the Dinc2.

They also told me I could have gotten any new phone, except the iPhone, for an early upgrade at the 2 year contract price. But since I'm the secondary on the plan and can't make that decision I had to go with the free phone, the better of the two free phones.

Really was hoping they would have let me get the Droid 3 for free, since it is the newest model of my phone, and it has the slider. Oh well. Guess I need to start getting used to touch screen only again =/

2. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dinc 2 is a nice phone, I think the slider is all you will miss. On my daughter's DINC2, you can also use the GSM bands in the US, although I have seen others that say it doesn't work for them.

3. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am going to be absolutely lost without the keyboard. I have been using my D2G with on screen keyboard only to try and get used to virtual only. Hoping the 4 inch screen of the Dinc2 will make it easier than this 3.7 inch screen on the D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

4. Kimo91

Kimo91 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm growing tired of all these problems the D2Gs are having as far as refurbished goes. I'm on my 4th replacement in 2 months and getting one more sent tomorrow this time charging issues right out of the box

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

5. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dude, just do what I did, call them up and request/demand a new phone because you're returned this one so many times. Try to get other exchange options. All I got was the option for Droid X and Droid Incredible 2. And and if u wanna cough up some cash make sure to ask if ur eligable for an early upgrade for the 2 year contract price.

6. Crux

Crux New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely love my D2G. Never owned a better phone, and I've yet to have a problem with it other than some occasional lag(but nothing bad.) I rely on a physical keyboard though, so I'm biased xP

7. Graymayre

Graymayre Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, my second one was awesome. They only screw up on me when I try to ROM them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

8. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I probably would have seen about getting your primary account holder to authorize your upgrade... I personally wouldn't want a Droid X or a Droid Incredible over my Droid 2 Global.

9. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well we don't really have the money to drop a couple hundred right now. So I just went with the Dinc2

10. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Same here, I loaded the cm7 rom on it and its even better. Even though I do miss some blur features that were actually useful

11. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    :laugh:
    What happened with mine was the headphone jack died, D1 style. Refurb arrives, and it seems ok except for the keyboard having 3 slider positions (closed, first row of keys visible, and fully open). So I decide to see if it boots normally and doesn't overheat. Booted it, skipped activation. Overheated. So, I switch back, fumble and drop my old D2G, and lo and behold, the headphone jack works again. Quality control's pretty bad with these refurbs.