Goodbye.. bionic..

anwarlucas

Reaction score
after many replacements and network surveys being done, VZW has decided to send me a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, should be receiving it Tuesday due to the holiday..
thank you all for the good conversations and i wish you all the best in the future with your Bionic..

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think I'm headed down the same road, I just started dropping 4g a few days ago after almost a year with no issues.

OP
anwarlucas

anwarlucas

Reaction score
if you have it in you, do it, the bionic is a great phone but the signal problems is driving everyone up a wall, vzw even went as far as waving the contract cancellation fee if i wanted to break away from the contract..

CD95YJ

Reaction score
They're calling me back tomorrow to see how my connection has been over the last few days and to see if I want to make a warranty claim. I just don't want to get another bionic and have the same issues all over again.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
FYI, I left the Bionic 2 weeks ago after some truly bad replacement CLN phones. I have the GNex and loving it. Just installed the VZW JB leak 4.1.1 JRO03O. If you thought ICS was worth the wait JB is running much better. Make sure you check out the Galaxy Nexus Forum; lots of good stuff there. Oh and another perk with the Nexus; unlocked bootloader..... lot of custom dev fun to play with. Good luck my friend.

Mike8016

Reaction score
Only thing I miss from the bionic is the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Me too but there are some decent roms & kernels for the GNex that will help with that.

clellisx

Reaction score
Joined the RAZR MAXX club. Got tired of the BIONIC data drop fest (2 phones - both did it) so I called their support. Was lucky enough to have a tech tell me the BIONIC was a data dropping fool and replaced it with a MAXX. They offer the Nexus, HTC thunderbolt and the RAZR. However if you tell them battery life not OK with RAZR they will offer a MAXX :) Suppose it helps that I told him I rely heavily on my phone for business and couldn't take it anymore. :)
I highly recommend if you are tired of the BIONIC and are also in the data dropping SOB pool then call Verizon abd get it traded out.

Even with the few ICS bugs on MAXX - it's still miles better than the BIONIC.
My .02
PS - I wish you BIONIC people the best of luck - may your ICS come sooner than later.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
clellisx said:
Joined the RAZR MAXX club. Got tired of the BIONIC data drop fest (2 phones - both did it) so I called their support. Was lucky enough to have a tech tell me the BIONIC was a data dropping fool and replaced it with a MAXX. They offer the Nexus, HTC thunderbolt and the RAZR. However if you tell them battery life not OK with RAZR they will offer a MAXX :) Suppose it helps that I told him I rely heavily on my phone for business and couldn't take it anymore. :)
I highly recommend if you are tired of the BIONIC and are also in the data dropping SOB pool then call Verizon abd get it traded out.

Even with the few ICS bugs on MAXX - it's still miles better than the BIONIC.
My .02
PS - I wish you BIONIC people the best of luck - may your ICS come sooner than later.

The ICS update fixes all that GB was a bad software build u should have waited cuz my bionic out performs any new phone currently which includes the razr/maxx, nexus, htc TB, droid 4 an rezound here are quadrant scores an antutu scores

shot_000001.png

shot_000004.png

shot_000006.png

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
We already have ics...

An ur point is? We have ICS to an a way back to GB for the OTA plus the bionic is superior the only phone that can beat the bionic is the maxx on battery life but only by a mere 4 hrs if the bionic has an extended battery the bionic has superior hardware but had bad software thats all an ics fixed the bad software

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
An ur point is? We have ICS to an a way back to GB for the OTA plus the bionic is superior the only phone that can beat the bionic is the maxx on battery life but only by a mere 4 hrs if the bionic has an extended battery the bionic has superior hardware but had bad software thats all an ics fixed the bad software

Plus ur guys ICS was buggy as hell ours isnt

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Lol I'm a bionic guy too. It says right under my name... which is kinda my point. Bionic has ics

jwilly216

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
the bionic is superior the only phone that can beat the bionic is the maxx on battery life but only by a mere 4 hrs if the bionic has an extended battery the bionic has superior hardware but had bad software thats all an ics fixed the bad software

And after that 4 hours my bionic is going strong with a fresh battery swap while the maxx has to sit on the charger for a loooong tine