1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Goodbye Android! Here I come iPhone!... and why

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by gmalone, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmalone

gmalone New Member

I won't waste any time switching over to iPhone on Verizon, and leave the Android universe behind. It's not that I didn't find my Droid to be a substantially better phone than my previous Blackberry, but there are some shortcomings that make me move to the Apple camp now that Verizon will carry the iPhone.

For instance,

• Fragmentation of Android. I know what's coming with the whole fragmented universe of Android where every manufacturer adulterates the core Android OS, making it a repeat of the horrors of developing software for Microsoft Windows products and all the different hardware configurations that had to be addressed --- something not present at all with Apple iPhone. I will gladly skip on what all that implies for users in the years ahead, not to mention app developers.
    • Google. The worse software design company in the world, given their scope and resources. Nearly everything that comes out of Google is truly beta, poorly designed interfaces for some strange reason (with only a few exceptions), and very often missing obvious features leading to frustration. Google callously provides no tech support nor does it invest in communications on its own discussion forums. I don't trust them after 10 years of experience as a pro-level Google user.
    • Apps. It's no secret that iPhone has more and better apps, whereas the Android Market is laughable in terms of 1) the Market software (what a joke), and 2) the apps that range from excellent to ridiculous and amateur... there is no quality control or sense of design in large part yet. Because iPhone app store has so many entries, and because Apple insists on certain consistency and quality control, it's just a matter of numbers and superior intent that makes the iPhone apps universe light years ahead of Android apps.
    • Customer satisfaction. Apple simply beats Google when it comes to customer satisfaction, a fact well documented. There are many reasons, but the end result is what matters. I rank Google close to Microsoft in terms of flagrant disregard for its customers.
    • Apple. Nuf said.

I know arguments can be made for how the Android universe will eventually improve and catch up with Apple, but I owe it to myself to get the best product that's available at this time. That's Apple and iPhone.

Best wishes and so long.
  2. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Best wishes and so long? You registered today just to post this...
  3. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Any chance you want to donate the droid to a dev? Would be greatly appreciated or maybe can workout a selling price

my droid does the tapatalk thing
  4. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

I have no issue with the iphone but you actually joined this site to post this?
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Moved to iPhone on VZW. Please post in the proper areas.
  6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

Don't let the door hit you... Well, you know the line...
  7. gmalone

gmalone New Member

Apologies if my posting has offended. Just expressing my thoughts. Joined this forum for a place to express them, not belonging to any other on this topic.
  8. LaxzBro

LaxzBro New Member

so long and good luck to you! I apologize for everyones bad attitude. Be sure to come back and make a very detailed android vs. iOS thread

Lax bro, closet geek
  9. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Good by....have a nice day : )
  10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

btw, Google's 'software' only happened to involve the hands down best search algorithms and many other successful products (ie Android, Google Voice, Google Docs).

Software IS there game. They just haven't been at it as long as Apple in the mobile phone market.
  11. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

no worries bro didn't offend me everybody is free to make their own choice as you feel the iphone is what you want in a phone there is nothing wrong with that

me personally i want a phone to be how i want it not how steve jobs wants it
  12. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

never seen anyone join a forum to announce something like this.

hope you enjoyed your Android experience, good luck with the Apple "ball and chain"
  13. TangoSucka

TangoSucka New Member

I'm with Gmalone. I've had iTunes and an iPod since circa 2003. So that's roughly eight years worth of music and movies in iTUNES. It's just so much easier. And the app store is 100x bigger then Androids. So you can't yank the battery and yes it sucks. But the iPhone is a much better phone.
  14. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

Check out a forum that will be better for you: iPhone Forum

I have owned the iphone 3gs and played with the iphone 4, I could explain why the statements you made in your op are false but why do that. As a customer you have a right to choice just as I do so good luck and enjoy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.