Good VoiceDial App?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by craigtaz, Jan 25, 2010.

1. craigtaz

craigtaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid's standard VoiceDial doesn't work well for me. When I speak a name, it gives me a list of about 20 options.

I see there are a couple of VoiceDial app's available. Can anyone recommend a good one?

2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have both "Choice Dialer" and "Voice Dialer HF." Each is superior, imo, to the generic voice dialer but they emphasize different features. VDHF focuses on "hands free" dialing and within the limits of voice recognition technology works rather well. Choice Dialer is quicker, at least in my experience, and provides more extensive control of applications including the capability to play songs in your local music library. On the other hand, if it's unsure what you want, it presents a picklist rather than individual audio choices and that requires using a finger.

Don't recall offhand whether the two apps are free and what differences there may be between the free and paid versions. I have paid versions of both simply because I believe in supporting developers when I can.

#2 jsh1120, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  3. jzmotodroid

jzmotodroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i found google voice search works a lot better and more accurate than the voice dialer. try voice search!

4. craigtaz

craigtaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded Voice Dialer HF and it works great. Thanks for the tip!

5. craigtaz

craigtaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a follow-up to my above comment on the VoiceDialer HF app; it does work well in a quiet environment. I should have road tested it before posting that comment.

I wanted the app to voice dial calls while driving. I have found that the slightest bit of roadway noise renders it completely worthless, at least in my experience so far.

Search tags for this page

droid x limit voice dial