Good Source for Stock Battery?

Discussion in 'Galaxy S3 Accessories' started by blakscribe, Jul 10, 2012.

1. blakscribe

blakscribe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know of a good alternative source for an extra stock (NFC) battery? On the Verizon website I see one selling for $39.99, but I've found Verizon in the past to be notoriously overpriced.

I've also found a couple listings on Amazon but when I got ready to check out, the shipping speed was a bit outrageous, something like 18 - 26 business days.

Any thoughts?

2. johnd09

johnd09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buy the extended battery for the galaxy nexus. It's the same size as the S3's stock, physical and mAh.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

3. kmoff77

kmoff77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so the extended would fit with the same back cover?

4. blakscribe

blakscribe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up buying an extra stock battery from the Verizon store when I picked up my phone today. I got it for $29.99. I think I got the discount because I have a standing employer discount on my account, 20% off all plans and 25% off most accessories. Damn, I gotta shop at Verizon more often!

As far as the extended battery, could you be more specific and possibly supply a link. After a brief Google search I haven't found any extended batteries with NFC for the Galaxy S III, although I'm sure they will come to market soon enough. But I must say that for now I am happy with having two stock batteries. We'll see how it goes.

As a side note, everybody, use extreme care when removing that back cover. I suspect the clerk at the store cracked mine when he put the SIM card in it. I noticed it a few hours later, returned to the store and after a bit of a hard time initially from this same clerk, had it eventually swapped out (after I asked to speak to the manager!).

5. johnd09

johnd09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Galaxy Nexus' extended battery is 2100mAh, same as the S3 stock battery. The sizes are the same as well, so you may be able to find a nexus extended battery cheaper than a S3 battery. The batteries are the same size from what I've read.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

6. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Galaxy battery is slightly different in that it is "NFC Enabled" (if that matters to you - it doesn't to me):

NFC Enabled - This battery is equipped with an NFC antenna, allowing your handset to communicate with other devices and accessories equipped with NFC technology.

7. BamBammm

BamBammm Member

Ratings:
    +1

There are a couple options all in which are a cheaper price :) :

Amazon.com: galaxy

8. blakscribe

blakscribe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have yet to use this NFC feature so those other batteries are beginning to look more and more appealing. Besides, I need a wall charger!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Search tags for this page

are all s3 batteries the same

s3 stock size battery