Good settings for overclocking?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SG181, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SG181

SG181 New Member

I recently rooted my Droid and installed Smoked Glass 5.01 on it. I was thinking about overclocking it (since it isn't running quite as smooth as stock, probably due to me running Launcher2 and the magic smoke live wallpaper), but wasn't sure on what I should set it to. I'd like to speed it up a bit, but I don't want to drain my battery too fast, since I don't have a chance to charge during the day until I get home. I also plan on keeping my Droid for the full 2 years, so I'd like to maximize both performance and lifespan. I don't mind if it's not incredibly fast when I wake it, I mainly want it to run smoothly. I was thinking about going to the 600 MHz range, since thats what the chip is rated for anyways.

Can anyone recommend any settings for me when I purchase SetCPU? Also, what do I need to do to overclock it, set it to autodetect frequencies and just plug in the settings?
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

My battery life is actually better thanks to SetCPU.

400/900 is what I've run for a few weeks but now I'm at 400/1100 but this is while the phone is up and running and I'm using it.

Under profiles I'm running 250/550 while charging only because I'm not using it or it is in the car and in navigate mode.

On sleep/standby it is at 250/250 and really...that's where the phone is most of the day in my pocket or sitting on a table.
    Took it off charge this morning and I've still got over 50% battery left now.

Start safe, try 800 or 900 mhz and work your way up.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

4. jrunsw20

jrunsw20 New Member

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Also, when you start having Force Closes and reboot issues, look first at Launcher2 and then look at the live wallpapers. Good luck, just poking a little fun.:)
  6. toastedoats

toastedoats New Member

i run 800 / 1200
    all profiles are set 600 / 800 except charging that is set 250 / 600

no issues so far

agreed with Bayou up there. I have had tons of force close issues, but they have always been due to home replacements or launcher2s
  7. SG181

SG181 New Member

I've downloaded setcpu and set it to autodetect frequencies, but the slider for the min/max only goes to 550000. How can I get it to go up to at least 800 MHz?
  8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Assuming your rom/kernel goes up to 800, move the slider to min and back up to max and then to the setting you'd like to use.
  9. SG181

SG181 New Member

Nevermind, I just realized I needed to reflash since I hadn't changed the overclocking range the first time.
Search tags for this page

overclocking settings for g31m7te

whats a good setting for overclock