Good scrollable email widget

joemcp

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good email widget that can list multiple accounts (diff colors preferable), and is scrollable. It should list the sender, subject and perhaps some of the body. I've searched for a while but can't find anything that really works. I've searched the forums and regular google and tried MailWidget and mailwidget2 but they don't quite do it, plus they error out after a reboot.

I really like the appventive Executive assistant email tab but that doesn't work as a widget.

Anyone know of a good one?

Thanks!

Joe

foobar2605

Reaction score
i recently added an email widget to the market:
foobarblog 2.0 Android App: Email Widget

device_small.png
device8_small.png

Last edited:
OP
J

joemcp

Reaction score
I've actually purchased the widget and it would be great except that I'd like the ability to

1. show only unread
2. have a widget per inbox

using K9

Thanks!

Joe

OP
J

joemcp

Reaction score
I've looked at pure messenger widget but don't want to be stuck with an older version of K9.

Thanks though!

foobar2605

Reaction score
great update yesterday. now you can use 1x1 widgets to show counter of new mails. i also added support for motorola (only with root!).

@joemcp:
- you can use different widget configurations, so a widget per inbox should work (not for K9, because it supports only the combined inbox)
- there is an option for showing only unread mails. unfortunately K9 doesn't export the mail status (read/unread) to third party apps. i already filed an issue for this:
Issue 2609 - k9mail - MessagesProvider: Cannot read status read / unread of mail, Open Intent for message - Project Hosting on Google Code

Koxx

Reaction score
I've looked at pure messenger widget but don't want to be stuck with an older version of K9.

Thanks though!

1 - 'old' ... not really, I updated it in december, and everything is working fine
2 - I am making a partnership with MailDroid
3 - I am preparing a connector for stock email application ... but it will require to be root for most devices.

OP
J

joemcp

Reaction score
I will give this a shot over the week end... if work doesn't get in the way

OP
J

joemcp

Reaction score
Koxx:

I got it installed and really like it... I am intermittently getting screen redraws that seem kinda slow. I am running CM6.1.1 and have compcache set to the default of 18%.

I've read that K9 is planning to implement some intents that will allow communication. If/when they do will you support?

Thanks!

Joe

OP
J

joemcp

Reaction score
Forgot to mention... I've got an OG droid and the flag checked to keep the home screen in memory.

Thanks!

Joe