Good Riddance Droid3 & Moto!

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Finally got a new phone after months of frustration with my D3! I had the D1 before with problems (vibrate broke etc).

Verizon/Google/Moto abandoned D3 after they sold it and now I have left it!

It worked fine for the first few months...

Never rooted only stock. Never dropped it. Never added tons of apps.

As time went on (still on original Ginger Bread!) the phone slowed down and rebooted on itself.

So much time looking at a black screen while the phone decided what it wanted to do!

D3 did not last the life of my contract to I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Bought at retail to keep my unlimited data plan. Over 2 year agreement (not that I was eligible to renew)I would have paid more with new limited data plan and subsidized phone than if buying the phone retail.

The day my phone was delivered this past week my D3 decided to reboot 2x on its own...

Loving the Note 2. I do not miss the physical keyboard as much as I thought I would. The note is big enough to hold in portrait (tall) and still type on virtual keyboard with both thumbs.

Bye Bye Moto!!:i-m_so_happy:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congratulations on your new note 2. You should love it. I would factory reset your D3 and sell it. Once an fdr is done, it will probably have quite a bit of life left in it.

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
That is an idea. After I know I have all the info/media off my D3 I planned on stripping it down and possibly using it as my back up travel phone, but selling might be an option also. Factory reset is probably lots better than uninstalling apps individually.
Thanks for the advice!