Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I like the added width as well. The whole "razor thin" concept had gotten tiresome IMO. I think there can be a happy medium with thicker/larger batteries while still providing a good looking style with today's smartphones. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Thanks for your input Jackie!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I really like that the phone is thicker than the S6. I like actually knowing that I have a phone in my pocket lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Is that a phone on your pocket or are you happy to see me?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the added width as well. The whole "razor thin" concept had gotten tiresome IMO. I think there can be a happy medium with thicker/larger batteries while still providing a good looking style with today's smartphones. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Thanks for your input Jackie!
For me the sweet spot for phablet sized phones was about the S3/Note2. I like that manufacturers are putting more emphasis on ergonomics now, such as curving the back and more rounded edges so it's practically paper thin on the edge while keeping some girth for those of us with larger hands. The Note2 was the first digital phone I ever owned that I didn't feel a need for a bigger battery for ergonomic in hand appeal. I put a Defender on my Omnia so it wouldn't feel so toy like in my hand. The S7 has and hopefully Note6 will have a nice in hand feel while also being ginormous.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Apparently Apple will soon release a new 4" iPhone with high end specs. I know we've got some members here that are interested in a smaller Android device without sacrificing specs.....
I imagine one of the top Android manufacturers won't be far behind if this device is a success for Apple.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I can see why they are touting 2 day battery life on this device, it only has a 720p screen. Plus it's using the 810 chip which is likely throttled like the 6P, to keep it from overheating. But yeah, specs look pretty sweet otherwise. Thanks for sharing @PereDroid ! It'll be interesting to see if other manufacturers follow suit.
Personally I can't imagine going back to a device that small, but hey if the market is there, hook the people up!
There really is a smartphone for everyone.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The fact that they are using a Canon camera is going to be huge. We should receive our live demo devices today. Since I missed out on seeing my Samsung Rep last weekend with a peek of the device, I'm psyched for the demos to arrive!

My 'dislike' for the S7 is going to be the removal of the white phone and only having the option of black (boring) and gold (yuck) on the regular S7. Not fair that the Edge is coming in that gorgeous platinum color.

SAMSUNG, STOP TRYING TO BE LIKE APPLE!

We saw the GS7 Silver Edge the other day. What a great color. Not available on the regular S7. That's somewhat disappointing.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We saw the GS7 Silver Edge the other day. What a great color. Not available on the regular S7. That's somewhat disappointing.
That's how I feel as well. I really like that titanium color. My Samsung Rep said at their training for the new phones, they said it would be available in titanium. My demo mode on the S7 shows titanium as well. I wonder if Sammy is going to come out with it later. Although they were "supposed" to come out with that Emerald Green color and Blue Sapphire on the 6 and never did.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Do like that titanium ...hopefully they will come thru ...it's nice they made the black all black ..I saw unboxing video and the home key was blacked out at least ..

6s Plus

Reactions: cr6

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Do like that titanium ...hopefully they will come thru ...it's nice they made the black all black ..I saw unboxing video and the home key was blacked out at least ..

6s Plus
The black is a very clean phone. Since the Maxx phones were only ever available in black and I made the switch to Samsung on the S5, I've been anti-black phones lol

magratewalker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s4
I think Samsung Galaxy S7 is remarkably similar to S6 but it has lots of upgrading features.S7 comes in white pearl, black sapphire, gold platinum, and blue topaz version while S6 has black, white, gold, and silver version. Although both phones pack with 5.1 inch display, S7 is thicker S6. And the S7 is waterproof, which can protect your Android phone survive quick dropping in a pool.That is what I am keen on!