Good news about random reboots from Verizon.

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
My inside Tech manager at Verizon who has been working with me on trying to get or find a fix for the random reboot issue. He called me today and said that techs from HTC came to his building today, they told him that a fix for the reboot and the continuing gps issue is complete and is being test on some phones now. He said that if all goes well with the test, the fix will be available either this Thursday or next week sometime. He said the the reboot problem affected over 10,000 phones, but this fix will take care of the issues. He said he will call me when the fix out to the public.

HOUSTON THUNDERBOLT

Kryptyk

Reaction score
I'm still taking my wife's TB in and getting a new one. But that is good news. Hopefully it will fix the bug and hopefully the new one I get for her will be fixed and not all buggy but I doubt that. 5 days of constant reboots is pissing her off, and effects me when I get home.....lol, cause I get to hear about it.

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Yeah, no home is happy if the wife isn't happy. My inside guy said that any new phones phone from sent via customer service will be a refurbished phone without the update, so you will still run into one problem or another. So just be patient and wait a week or two for the new fix to hit and we'll all be happy.

HOUSTON THUNDERBOLT

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
That's great news! I haven't had a problem with the reboots and actually had my first one two days ago. I haven't had one since. My GPS though takes forever to lock on. Glad to hear this update is close.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's great news! I haven't had a problem with the reboots and actually had my first one two days ago. I haven't had one since. My GPS though takes forever to lock on. Glad to hear this update is close.

There is a solution to the gps issue

ridin the lightning

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
Yea but I'm not rooted to install the .zip. I'm wanting these issues to be fixed by HTC before I do the root. That probably doesn't make sense but that's why I haven't rooted yet.

motty69

Reaction score
I hope we see this soon. I'm tired of the rebooting, although it had gotten better. Seems to be happening less and less.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

tc3

Reaction score
I hope we see this soon. I'm tired of the rebooting, although it had gotten better. Seems to be happening less and less.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Got a replacement...bad idea , rebooting much more now.

So irritating when it reboots in the middle of an important call or email

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea but I'm not rooted to install the .zip. I'm wanting these issues to be fixed by HTC before I do the root. That probably doesn't make sense but that's why I haven't rooted yet.

you dont need root

badbeat33

Reaction score
So what's the GPS fix without being rooted? And don't say GPS status and toolbox. That doesn't seem to work or at least not last.

techguru

Reaction score
So what's the GPS fix without being rooted? And don't say GPS status and toolbox. That doesn't seem to work or at least not last.

I don't know if this is what he is referring to, but another thread here someone said that a factory reset after receiving the Ota solved their gps issues. I was dubious, but tried on Sundy. It was a royal pain reconfiguring all my apps (google reinstalled all but the Amazon apps and a couple of side loaded apps) but i am getting significantly better gps performance, battery life, and 4g/3g/1x handover. Gps is still not as good as previous android devices, but is much much better than it was.

Cold start (first fix after booting) is still over a minute, but warm start (fix within 4 hours of last start is less than 15 seconds outdoors. Clearly still not using aGPs data because indoor reception still sucks where my Xoom or Incredible can get a fix in 3 to 5 seconds.

Alan

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Actually...clear cache and data in maps. Download gps status and toolbox from market. Menu...reset agps...download agps...open navigation....then u can uninstall the app.

My gps loaded almost instantly when I did that on stock Rom. I'm not on stock anymore. Don't see how anyone can bear stock anything when it comes to smartphones

ridin the lightning

Beardface

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...those-gps-issues-navi-possibly-maps-well.html

1 - Clear the cache in Maps
2 - Download 'GPS Status' from the market
3 - While in GPS Status, Reset the GPS Data and Download the new information (access both by hitting soft button 'Menu', and choosing 'Tools')
4 - Go into settings, choose 'GPS & Sensors' and select 'Auto-download AGPS Data' and set it to 1 hour (not sure if this even applies to the TBolt, but I did it anyway)
5 - Go into Navigation, set it to Navigate to any address, and wait for it to lock and start giving you turn by turn instructions.

yniloc

Reaction score
This is good news.i had four or five reboots today. the most ever!

Last edited: