Good Morning Droid2!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid2-launch.jpg

Good Morning and welcome to the Motorola Droid 2 launch day! We have expanded our Droid 2 Forum with a few new sections:

Droid 2 General Discussions
The Motorola Droid 2 Forum. This section contains all general discussions.

Droid 2 Hacks
Discussions on hacking and rooting the Motorola Droid 2.

Droid 2 Accessories
Discuss Motorola Droid 2 Accessories, Droid 2 Cases, Droid 2 Skins, Bluetooth, Droid 2 Docks and more.

Droid 2 Tech Issues
Motorola Droid 2 Tech Forum. This section will contain discussions for technical problems, bugs, and other issues.

Droid 2 Roms
Discussions and Information for custom Android Roms on the Motorola Droid 2.

Droid 2 FAQ
This section contains the Motorola Droid 2 FAQ which are Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Droid 2 How-To's, Droid 2 Tips and Droid 2 Hacks.

Motorola Droid 2 Features and Specs:

• TI OMAP 1GHz processor with Dedicated GPU
  • 8GB Internal memory for emails, texts, and apps
  • 8GB pre–installed microSDcard for music, videos, and pictures (expandable to 32GB)
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS with Motorola Application Platform
  • 3.7" Touch Screen 480x854 WVGA Display — supports up to 16M colors
  • Slide–Out QWERTY Keyboard
  • 5.0MP camera with auto focus, touch–to–focus, and face detection, panoramic modes, and more.
  • DVD–D1 Video capture with easy upload to YouTube, slow–motion capture, fast motion capture and more.
  • DLNA Wireless sharing of photos, video, and music with other DLNA compatible devices
  • 3.5mm Headset Jack
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot with support for up to 5 Devices
  • WiFi Capable
Be sure to post in the Droid 2 owners thread if you picked one up this morning!

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like the younger brother always gets the good stuff! LOL

I'm sticking with my D1 (for now) but it DOES look tempting though.

Reaction score
Seems like the younger brother always gets the good stuff! LOL

I'm sticking with my D1 (for now) but it DOES look tempting though.

don't worry, once the Droid Pro is out the D2 will be the hated middle child. And we'll most likely all have a Pro by then ;-p

J

JohnDroid

Technology moves fast, and we should be happy about that :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm going to date myself here, but I can't resist...

Hello, Moto!

I think the way to look at this is as a step forward for the Droid. It's faster, got a newer processor (I believe), the latest OS, 8GB built-in storage, and an improved keyboard.

And it's a step back for Android as a whole. Locked bootloader (uncomfirmed, but let's effing face it here, folks :(), Motoblur, and that ugly R2D2 special edition.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I tried upgrading to the Droid X, well inquired really, and they told me I should really hold onto my upgrade because near the end of the year they will probably have something 4G compatible. I don't want to waste anymore time with 3G so I will hold onto my upgrade until a 4G phone comes along. Besides...if 4G was not around the corner I would consider either the Droid X or Droid 2 SOLELY on if the headphone jack was secure this time around. It is bothersome to be driving and have every bump I happen across trigger some static from the phone and/or shut the music off completely....or that dreadful party mode.

jonathan75803

Reaction score
Got my wife the Droid 2 this morning I hope she will enjoy it as much as I have my X now just the need the powers that be to provide a 1 click easy root for her.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Will there be two versions of the D2 one that's all black like the D1? I prefer the all black to whatever color(s) the D2 pictured above are. I like the internal improvements like the CPU but the external modifications aren't that appealing.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
can someone port the multitouch keyboard from this and have it work on 2.2 droids since the d2 is 2.2?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
can someone port the multitouch keyboard from this and have it work on 2.2 droids since the d2 is 2.2?
Not if it's Swype. Then again, if Swipe releases it to the market anyone should be able to get it, if they want to pay. I doubt it'll be a free app, considering.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
wish the D1 had DLNA. I'd love to get a D2 a put the guts inside a D1 case. I don't like the look of the D2 outer case.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

I don't know if it's legal but someone has ported the DX keyboard, and I'm 99% sure that IS Swype. Due to the confusion I will NOT be posting links, but if it turns out to be legit and legal... there you go.