good messenger

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by n813ca, Mar 29, 2010.

1. n813ca

n813ca Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like BB messenger when I had the storm. One of the big reasons I liked it is is stated when the message was delivered or read so you knew if the person got the message. Any suggestions on the Droid?

2. xfireguru

xfireguru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too came from a storm. There really isn't anything like BBM for the droid yet. Google talk is about the closest thing.

Reading some older posts on here, it was suggested that eventually there might possibly be a google wave client for the android platform. Unfortunately, as cool as that would be, it wouldn't be able to replace the PIN to PIN contact ability that BBM offered.

3. Hermes

Hermes Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Can't help with the instant message delivery notifications but I can tell you one thing, Google Talk is fast with the Droid. Example, I tested Google Talk with a friend who's using a BB Storm. We were both sitting next to each other. I sent him an instant message and from the time I hit send it took less than a second for him to receive my IM on his Storm! The other way around it took almost two minutes from his Storm to be received on my Droid. Google Talk is very fast on the Droid, almost instantaneous. I agree, if we knew when the other party has read our message like BB IM it would be a plus.

#3 Hermes, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. n813ca

n813ca Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, at least I know there is nothing out there.

Search tags for this page

good android messanger