Good for a laugh

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just got my Rezound delivered today and went through my own private unboxing (what a fun ceremony that is). After some minor activation glitches I finally got it activated. I had a low battery warning (of course I knew that was coming - I've already ordered an extended battery).

So I plug it into the charger (leaving it in sleep mode because I know damned well I won't be able to resist turning it on just to see that it's doing). When I do turn it on after it being on the charger for at least two hours, I get a low battery warning (8%). I thought, WTF. This can't be possible. Then after a few minutes, I realize I didn't push the plug in all the way. LMAO...I should never attempt this stuff on little sleep. Kids. Don't try this at home. I'm not even going to open the 348 page PDF user guide. It gives me a headache just thinking about. Now if I could just get that home page clock a little smaller, I'd be a happy camper.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I admit, I was a victim of that too. But I always look for the lightning bolt. If I don't see a lightning bolt then something is wrong.

Oh and on the unboxing ceremony thing, I usually do the Holy Glory (Ahhhhh) sounds and expect an aura shot.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got my Rezound delivered today and went through my own private unboxing (what a fun ceremony that is). After some minor activation glitches I finally got it activated. I had a low battery warning (of course I knew that was coming - I've already ordered an extended battery).

So I plug it into the charger (leaving it in sleep mode because I know damned well I won't be able to resist turning it on just to see that it's doing). When I do turn it on after it being on the charger for at least two hours, I get a low battery warning (8%). I thought, WTF. This can't be possible. Then after a few minutes, I realize I didn't push the plug in all the way. LMAO...I should never attempt this stuff on little sleep. Kids. Don't try this at home. I'm not even going to open the 348 page PDF user guide. It gives me a headache just thinking about. Now if I could just get that home page clock a little smaller, I'd be a happy camper.

I did it the first time as well except mine had been "plugged in" overnight before I discovered my error
I'd bet the pdf isn't much more than the standard how to install the battery, buy vznav, setup voicemail, etc., just like the old paper manuals

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Rezound and thanks for the laugh...

~the machine is nothing without the woman~

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha, that's great. I've done similar things, like wake up, you're holding it wrong lol.

And congrats on the Rezound, great phone. Even better now that is unlocked and rooted!

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well, so far, the 1620 mAh battery has worked just fine. I get home from work after using exactly like I used the Inc and I've still got 30% left. I did order the extended battery but I'm wondering if I even need it. Great phone. So far so good.

cp24eva

Reaction score
haha, that's great. I've done similar things, like wake up, you're holding it wrong lol.

And congrats on the Rezound, great phone. Even better now that is unlocked and rooted!

Did you say the rezound is now unlocked and rooted? Is this true?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you say the rezound is now unlocked and rooted? Is this true?

Its true! Head over to the sticky section of the Rezound Development forum and see for yourself!

cp24eva

Reaction score
Its true! Head over to the sticky section of the Rezound Development forum and see for yourself!

Omg. Not a dream come true but close. Now I'm waiting she some good roms

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Omg. Not a dream come true but close. Now I'm waiting she some good roms

There are a few in the works, a few bare bone basic debloated ROM's that are beta and v1.0 right now, eventually they will come in pretty quick!

So far it seems that Team BAMF is going to be doing some work on the Rezound!

corona36

Reaction score
I admit, I was a victim of that too. But I always look for the lightning bolt. If I don't see a lightning bolt then something is wrong.

Oh and on the unboxing ceremony thing, I usually do the Holy Glory (Ahhhhh) sounds and expect an aura shot.

My way of avoiding this is to turn on "Stay Awake" under Development. I use mine in the car all the time and since the iBolt dock sucks sooooo much I got a generic from Amazon. If I want my screen to stay on the only choice I have is Stay Awake. No downsides to it. It only stays awake when you plug it in and you can still hit the power button to black the screen.