Good Fix for Bionic (Rant)

deborah3756

Reaction score
Put the *beepbeep* through a *beeping* wall! It's a love-hate relationship, you understand.

Dropping 4G and now WiFi.

A hammer, that's it! A hammer will do just fine......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
ROFL!!! Couldn't be that bad, could it?!!!

10606866.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I prefer high powered ballistics myself. That's what I used to do with computers that misbehaved. But never would I ever think of doing that to my beloved Bionic.

kdwisdom

Reaction score
Put the *beepbeep* through a *beeping* wall! It's a love-hate relationship, you understand.

Dropping 4G and now WiFi.

A hammer, that's it! A hammer will do just

Go with ICS, it'll clear up like bad acne on the most potent medicine.:D

deduct

Reaction score
kdwisdom said:
Go with ICS, it'll clear up like bad acne on the most potent medicine.:D

Agreed. Had a guy and his family come to our house a few days ago to buy something we had on craigs list. He pulled out his phone at one point and i noticed it was a bionic. Told him i liked his phone and he said he hated it. Was ready to throw against the wall. Was always dropping signal and slow as hell. So i took him to my computer where i just happened to have moto fail root method and rooted it. The next day we updated him to ics and he was able to keep root with voodoo. And he was overclocked to1.2 as well. He now says he has the baddest phone on the planet. He can't believe how much better it performs. Yet another story of someone who had ics fix their problems.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Had a guy and his family come to our house a few days ago to buy something we had on craigs list. He pulled out his phone at one point and i noticed it was a bionic. Told him i liked his phone and he said he hated it. Was ready to throw against the wall. Was always dropping signal and slow as hell. So i took him to my computer where i just happened to have moto fail root method and rooted it. The next day we updated him to ics and he was able to keep root with voodoo. And he was overclocked to1.2 as well. He now says he has the baddest phone on the planet. He can't believe how much better it performs. Yet another story of someone who had ics fix their problems.

i had no problems on .905 either. granted i never hook to wifi. but only time i loose 3g or 4g icon would be during phone call.. ( the only thing i miss about my tbolt)

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
bigtex52 said:
Give us some details. What version are you running?

I'm running .905. Before, I kept losing 4G, now I'm hooked up to in home WiFi and it keeps unchecking itself in settings. WHY!

This is my 3rd Bionic. Count 'em t h r e e!

I'm not happy! And no, I'm not rooted.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I'm running .905. Before, I kept losing 4G, now I'm hooked up to in home WiFi and it keeps unchecking itself in settings. WHY!

This is my 3rd Bionic. Count 'em t h r e e!

I'm not happy! And no, I'm not rooted.

Update to the latest ICS leak (230).
You don't need to be rooted.

sustained

Reaction score
I hardly ever get data drops, i think im one of the lucky bionic owners.
Me too. I've had the Bionic since day one of release. I've had maybe a dozen data drops in the first few months. Since then it's been rock solid. I guess I'm very fortunate. I love this phone!

brunla

Reaction score
I never had any data drops until a week BEFORE the 905 update. Now I can barely get 4G at all. They replaced SIM card at Verizon and it is worse than before. Now 3G takes 6-7 minutes to connect when coming out of a parking garage.

I wish I could update to ICS, but it is too scary for a newbie like me. I'm completely stock, but I don't even know what flashing means. Plus these instructions tend to be confusing. Not sure why I have to go back to 902 and update to 905 when I already have it. stock.

Maybe a Bionic angel can lay out the path for me clearer, like the guy above. I live in LA by the way....

josh1980

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if VZW is deliberately causing this (read: not trying to fix this issue) because the Bionic was a power user product when it was released and they are trying to motivate users to use Wifi to prevent those evil scumbag power users from using their unlimited data plan to the maximum extent.

No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I've seen companies play games to guide them to more expensive hardware/software. I just find it bizaar that the Bionic has so many problems yet our hardware is used in alot of other devices with the same hardware.

milski65

Reaction score
I never had any data drops until a week BEFORE the 905 update. Now I can barely get 4G at all. They replaced SIM card at Verizon and it is worse than before. Now 3G takes 6-7 minutes to connect when coming out of a parking garage.

I wish I could update to ICS, but it is too scary for a newbie like me. I'm completely stock, but I don't even know what flashing means. Plus these instructions tend to be confusing. Not sure why I have to go back to 902 and update to 905 when I already have it. stock.

Maybe a Bionic angel can lay out the path for me clearer, like the guy above. I live in LA by the way....

You're in a perfect position to just flash the latest ics (230). I'm on 229. I was stock rooted 905, installed the file on sd-ext, backed up my apps, went in to stock recovery and installed. Took about 10 minutes. I'm new to Bionic but not flashing. And I do understand that it can be nerve racking as heck if you haven't tried it. Your best bet is to go to youtube and and search for flashing roms on bionic or installing leaks on Bionic. There are plenty of video tutorials to help you get a better understanding of it.

And flashing just means installing.

One more thing. Do realize if you do decide to flash the 230 leak, doing so will take you off the official update path. You will then have to learn how to get your phone back to stock 902 and accept the official updates. You can check on youtube fxz Bionic. Having to do this may make you decide to wait for the official update, which people are guessing will come by September at the latest (no guarantees though).

deduct

Reaction score
brunla said:

Should you decide to flash the ics leak i have the latest 230. I can help you. Just send me a personal message and we will get you some rock solid ics. You WILL love your phone again.