Good file manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

listenman20

Reaction score
then contact LFY dev and let him know his godmode doesn't work.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Tried the Droid Explorer, installed it and it doesnt see my phone lol. But the Motorola application does see that phone is connected

Something is screwy with your drivers I bet. Try that --> xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid Explorer - 0.8.7.2 [8/22/2010] - The Gibson I had trouble getting it setup initially myself.

Alternatively you could set up ADB by installing the Android SDK, then using [TOOL] Android Commander 0.7.9.8.1 - Froyo Ready! - xda-developers but you will still be in the same situation you are in now.

Techsniffer

Reaction score
Tried the Droid Explorer, installed it and it doesnt see my phone lol. But the Motorola application does see that phone is connected

Something is screwy with your drivers I bet. Try that --> xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid Explorer - 0.8.7.2 [8/22/2010] - The Gibson I had trouble getting it setup initially myself.

Tried this, it wasnt exactly as it was posted but it got the MOT drivers to install eventually letting me see my phone. However, it still will not let me copy the files into the system/app folder. I tried to copy/cut from the sd root into system/app and I also tried copy/paste form my pc and nothing. It says it copies it but it never shows up in the directory.

It seems my only option is Root Explorer and I simply do not have the money to purchase it right now.

listenman20

Reaction score
stupid question! did you try astro before going in terminal and typing godmode? i mean some devs have set their ROMs up to be in godmode at startup. so you may have turned it off if you switched it beforehand. like i said stupid question.

Techsniffer

Reaction score
stupid question! did you try astro before going in terminal and typing godmode? i mean some devs have set their ROMs up to be in godmode at startup. so you may have turned it off if you switched it beforehand. like i said stupid question.

Yes, I did, it was a no go before or after trying god mode.

Techsniffer

Reaction score
Well someone was nice enough to set me up with Root Explorer after seeing all the trouble I was having and within 30 seconds I had the files in place and permissions set.

I do not condone piracy and rest assured once I get paid again next month I will purchase this great app without a doubt, any app that replaces 12 hours of hassle and futility surely deserves my support.

Again, thanks for all the great suggestions, and my personal opinion is that i have messed something up somewhere and I think i will reload the ROM and Kernel today and now that I have everything set and know how to do it my phone hopefully wont be used for experimentation lol.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread now. D.F. doesn't condone piracy either, and perhaps it would have been in his best interest just not to have posted how exactly he solved his issue. So to avoid possible flaming, and also due to the previously mentioned Droid Forums stand on piracy this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.