Good Droid Gone Bad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by leleala, Jun 24, 2010.

1. leleala

leleala New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I joined the forum to find out how to help my Droid become a good Driod again. All was perfect until the update. I now have no speed dialing which I read requires a restore. It lags and lags some more. If I make or receive a call my MP3 Store and Voice Dialer automatically start. The battery drains quickly and I must charge it every night and usually in the afternoon - even when I am not using it. I use Advanced Task Killer after every use. I have fallen out of love with my Droid. I am taking a long car trip tomorrow and plan to do the factory restore to pass the time. Joy, joy, joy! Thank you for letting me vent.:)

2. gszeman

gszeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Leleala and welcome to the forums!

I suggest posting your issues in the Tech help section...there are tons of helpful and knowledgeable people there. I think it being here, it might get overlooked by those who can lead you in the right direction of falling in love with your Droid again ;)

Good luck!

3. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, welcome. Second, uninstall Advanced Task Killer. Third, watch all your phone's problems go away. :)
    In all seriousness though, do uninstall it. Outside of using it to occasionally close a rogue app, it's relatively pointless. Maybe list all your apps for us and someone may be able to a point of conflict. Also, when you say you lost "speed dial" what do you mean? You had direct dial shortcuts that vanished? There is no/has never been a true numerical speed dial on any versions to my knowledge...