good case galaxy s3

BamBammm

Reaction score

johnd09

Reaction score
I wanted to post back with the case I ultimately decided to get. I decided against a TPU case after I got the phone due to how thin it is. I wanted a little more protection for the it so I went with this Seidio Active case. I really like having a kickstand considering I was coming from the HTC Thunderbolt. I don't use the kick stand a lot, but it is handy to have since I got used to it. IMO it adds just the right amount of thickness to the phone as well it fits in the had comfortably and can still fit easily in a pocket. My only complaint is stuff clings to the rubber, but it isn't bad.

paulwasserman

Reaction score
I'm considering this case, but other reviews suggest it makes the back and menu buttons difficult to get to. Have you found this to be an issue? Any problems with the soft silicone when slipping in and out of a pocket?

I wanted to post back with the case I ultimately decided to get. I decided against a TPU case after I got the phone due to how thin it is. I wanted a little more protection for the it so I went with this Seidio Active case. I really like having a kickstand considering I was coming from the HTC Thunderbolt. I don't use the kick stand a lot, but it is handy to have since I got used to it. IMO it adds just the right amount of thickness to the phone as well it fits in the had comfortably and can still fit easily in a pocket. My only complaint is stuff clings to the rubber, but it isn't bad.

johnd09

Reaction score
I'm considering this case, but other reviews suggest it makes the back and menu buttons difficult to get to. Have you found this to be an issue? Any problems with the soft silicone when slipping in and out of a pocket?

It does make the menu and back buttons a little harder to get to but I've got used to it and learned fairly quickly where to touch for them to work. As for the pocket, I keep it in the holster most of the time, but it adds a quite a bit of resistance, and the size makes it tighter as well. I didn't find it a problem the few times I put it in my pocket.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

paulwasserman

Reaction score
It does make the menu and back buttons a little harder to get to but I've got used to it and learned fairly quickly where to touch for them to work. As for the pocket, I keep it in the holster most of the time, but it adds a quite a bit of resistance, and the size makes it tighter as well. I didn't find it a problem the few times I put it in my pocket.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the feedback. It helped me decide to order one. I guess every case has its tradeoffs and these seem managable. I've been really happy with my previous Seidio cases.

carguy

Reaction score
Ordered the Seidio Active with kickstand (red) ($24.90 arrived today, around 36 hour turn around!) Thursday along with a Military shield screen protector.

Spent some time searching again, went with teh same case for my Droid X with success, other than premature splitting on a corner... hopefully that was a fluke. I like having access to the ports without having to remove plugs etc.

I'll probably order the Seidio Obex when it's available, pending pricing.

Last edited:

carguy

Reaction score
My S3 Seidio Active arrived today. The side buttons are covered and are just as easy to use as they were on the X with the Active case, no issues here.

Front bottom menu and 'back' buttons are easily accessible. If anything, I find I am not accidentally hitting the back button when going from landscape to portrait as I was the last day or so with a naked S3.

The S3 active is more slick on the sides than my X Active was. Hoping that changes very soon as it 'breaks in' so to speak. Slips in and out of pockets just fine, no issue with 'lint' buildup either.

garyrh

Reaction score
I just got a Urban Armor Gear case for my phone and it the best case I have ever had. Here is a link to there website. URBAN ARMOR GEAR You can also get them at Amazon. I bought the black case for my white phone and it looks great. It has good protection, the buttons work well and it slips in and out of my pocket well. It dosn't add to much bulk to the phone. One thing I like is that it does not collect lint from my pocket. I would say the prefect case in my opinion.:)

garyrh

Reaction score
I think the grip on the sides is just right for a case. I had the Otterbox Commuter and it was to slick.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been selling alot of Black Thin Grips both on Amazon and my site Thin Grip Cases & Mobile Accessories I actually like all the colors but seems like the Black and White are the favorites. It's a minimal protection case that has a good grip - very high quality.

The Ultra's have been selling well - no particular colors since we offer 35 combinations. Many people are buying the complete with another TPU or PC color. Complete Ultra Cases l Samsung Galaxy S3 Cases

Nearly everyone is adding the screen protector with their order, I'm having a hard time keeping them in stock - Just like Glass® Screen Protector (Galaxy SIII)

All of these are on Amazon also.

If you buy at my site and enter the coupon code Olympics you get 20% off at DBA Cases.

Also we're giving away a free screen protector - https://www.facebook.com/DbaCases/app_112053162216760

carguy

Reaction score
I really like the look of your DBA case. How does it hold up when it comes to drop protection?

Sent from my Gs3 while driving

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Protection

I really like the look of your DBA case. How does it hold up when it comes to drop protection?

Sent from my Gs3 while driving

The Ultra is our maximum protection model and it's made of the two strongest materials so if you need protection I would buy it.

The Thin Grip is minimal protection. It better protection than any other slim case but that isn't saying much.

Scott