good case galaxy s3

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
BamBammm said:
Yeah Otterbox is pretty bulky, the Commuter is less bulky than the Defender, you can slip the Commuter in and out of your pocket unlike the Defender, its available for order now. http://amzn.to/OalBhP

It says its out of stock

Trapper31

Reaction score
I just received the Diztronic matte black case yesterday, and I think I like it, but I've never had a case on a phone before. It fits well, I like the feel of it, and it came with a screen protector that seems to be pretty nice (although I've never used one of those either). Overall I'd say it was worth the $9.90.

On a related note, is anyone concerned about overheating with a case on? The S3 gets pretty warm, and most cases really seem to insulate the phone. What do you guys think?

Caesars

Reaction score
Ooo my maxx/design diztronics didn't come with a screen protector! I must now go to the website and QQ.

JK, I'm pretty sure my new "normal " spending for smart phones is going to expand towards diztronic and defenders. Previously it was pure otterbox, but the option of both is very nice.
Googorola MAXX

Slickwraps

Reaction score
Hi has anyone found a good case for the Samsung s3

Hey zacedward,

Have you seen the wraps we provide at Slickwraps.com? Our wraps are made with high-quality material that will help protect your phone from scratches, dust and drops. Plus, it's extremely thin, so you don't have to deal with any extra bulk! They are 100% removable and reusable and add a great style and feel to your phone. Here's a link to the ones we offer>> Samsung Galaxy S III

Hope you'll take a look!

Pauline K.
Slickwraps.com

Caesars

Reaction score
Are those like the tpu cases or are they hard plastic? The problem i have with EVERY hard plastic case is they scuff the crap out of my phone. This includes my otterbox defender, damn thing always scuffs up my phones :(.

Googorola MAXX

Gearhub

Reaction score
Are those like the tpu cases or are they hard plastic? The problem i have with EVERY hard plastic case is they scuff the crap out of my phone. This includes my otterbox defender, damn thing always scuffs up my phones :(.

Googorola MAXX

View attachment 53471
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible *Revision 3* TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

here is the TPU case with the customer reviews, and free shipping, it also comes with a screen protector and is flexible plastic

Last edited:
OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
Slickwraps said:
Hey zacedward,

Have you seen the wraps we provide at Slickwraps.com? Our wraps are made with high-quality material that will help protect your phone from scratches, dust and drops. Plus, it's extremely thin, so you don't have to deal with any extra bulk! They are 100% removable and reusable and add a great style and feel to your phone. Here's a link to the ones we offer>> Samsung Galaxy S III

Hope you'll take a look!

Pauline K.
Slickwraps.com

Sweet thanks i will take a look

leclair0016

Reaction score
I have ALWAYS (Moto Droid and my HTC Thunderbolt) purchased the OEM holster/case combo.... It is extremely durable and keeps the phone very safe. I personally love the holster combo because it comes extremely in handy when I exercise, run and lift at the gym. In addition to this case I purchased the "total body skin" from bestskinsever.com ... I have only had positive experiences with this site and have purchased their skins for ALL my devices.

RoboCop1268

Reaction score
Had the HTC Incredible for over 2 years...bought the Seidio Rugged (now called Convert) case for it and it stayed strong for the duration. By the time I was elligible for an upgrade and looking I had removed the outer case and just used the interior case since that by itself was good enough.

Now I have my S3 in the Seidio Active case.

The difference: The Convert is a 3-layered case. You get a hard silicone two-piece slide on case with felt inside that locks together, wrapped with a thicker rubber/silicone case, and that part gets attached very well with a hard plastic "skeleton" that locks around the corners of the phone. The rubber portion also covers all ports to keep dust and debris out. That entire case clicks into a belt clip with the screen facing inwards. The belt clip swivels via a metal wheel and the spring is metal. It goes against the Otterbox Defender and wins hands-down...the Otterbox is overly bulky and the screen protector part is terrible compared to this.

The Active that I have now is simply a thin rubber wrap that is held to the phone by the skeleton. It's like a less-thick version of the Convert. A belt clip made of the same material is extra and can be added at any time.

The interior-most casing for the Convert is also called the Seidio Surface and is a very nice case that protects against dings and scratches and doesn't add any thickness.

Seidio has been awesome for almost 3 years for me and my gf's Incredible 2 is also covered my the Active case.

menudo18

Reaction score
I bought a rocketfish hard case waiting for the trident Ams case to come out . That was a huge mistake the case split in half as I watched my phone slide across the concrete. Now my bezzle is scratched. Stay away from this case. My two year old droid x has zero scratches I'm pissed.