Good bye droid 3 comm

hdude00

Reaction score
Well I've gotten tired of having defective devices sent to me so I am going to the droid x2. I am sorry but it was for the best

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
LMFAOOOO i wanted to go from a x2 to a d3 but Verizon wouldn't let me :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

KZ_259

Reaction score
i dont blame you. my droid 3 usually freezes up on me a couple times a week. i'm almost certain its because of all the BS apps running in the backround. i need to root this phone

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know my OG DX was a nightmare before I rooted/rom'd/OC'd it and it is still a little bit glitchy. You might not like the DX2 any better but who knows.

OP
H

hdude00

Reaction score
So far its better then the d3 minus the lack of keuboard

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
i dont blame you. my droid 3 usually freezes up on me a couple times a week. i'm almost certain its because of all the BS apps running in the backround. i need to root this phone

Yeah, I need to root mine too. I haven't had the guts to do it so far, but now that my D3 freezes and restarts on me every other day it seems, I think I'm going to do it now. Which ROM to choose now? Which one is most stable? And, of course, I have to make sure I don't screw anything up when I do it. That's what I've been most nervous about.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Rooted and running a custom rom, my d3 is running the best it ever has.
Running mavrom 3.0, you should try it before you totally give up on it..

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Rooted and running a custom rom, my d3 is running the best it ever has.
Running mavrom 3.0, you should try it before you totally give up on it..

Have you ever had any issues with that rom? Any issues in terms of stability, something not working on the phone, etc.? I'm very close to giving this a chance now. Doing as much reading about it as I can. I'm just tired of all of the bloatware bogging down my phone! Thanks.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Honestly, I have not had any issues with this rom.
For the most part, it has been de-bloated. And if there is something that is still there that you want removed you can just add the ".bak" behind the file name.

It has been solid for me... no complaints

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've had occasional battery drain issues, and so installed SystemPanel to monitor CPU and battery use. Here's what shows up after 7 days of monitoring -- "Top applications by CPU usage":

3.0% = System processes
0.7% = System
0.1% = maps:NetworkLocationService
0.1% = maps:NetworkFriendService
0.1% = Gmail
0.1% = Data Manager Service
0.1% = Beautiful Widgets
0.1% = SystempPanel
0.1% = Google apps
0.1% = com.motorola.process.system
(everything else is < 0.1%)

As far I can see, even thought a lot of blur-related apps (and Verizon junk, etc.) are loaded in memory, they're not really using CPU resources. The only thing that shows up on the list is the motorola system process...not sure if that counts in the bloat column. I guess it's still an open question for me how much trouble all those pesky apps are causing.

-Matt

Reaction score
I run liberty on my dx which is also available for the d3. Steeldroid is another good one. In my experience, rooting and roming a smartphone makes it MUCH faster and reliable. Not sure why people are afraid to root... you plug the phone into your computer, start up Pete's root program and click start. Not sure what the issue is there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
People are afraid of bricking their phones. I find the solution to that is to just root anyway, and if you follow directions, you'll realize its actually tough to hard brick this phone. And then theres safestrap, which really lets you get all goofy with hacking, and not worry about a thing granted you're in safemode. We also have fastboot sbf files for those times you get really careless. I say, root those devices! But do the research. There really isnt much to research, and then you have the awesome people on this messageboard to help with issues along the way. The way i see it, these phones are just not worth it without root. Motoblur really slows some things down, and with bloat, there are ram issues out the kiester. But once you debloat - you dont even need a new rom - you're good to go. Also, i am not responsible for what you do to your device lol

grnidkjun

Reaction score
funny what gives some issues and not others.
I had issues with the X2, so swapped out last year when the d3 released.
*knock on wood* it has been a good phone and will hopefully continue to be.
It will be a long while before we get 4g, so I'm waiting to see how those phones/network stabilize.

Reaction score
I'm getting my d3 tonight along with the wife's. Putting Mavrom on mine after some research. It is very stable from all I am reading, the GSM works like stock overseas and the v6 ram supercharger scripts are baked in.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Scott, you are hilarious. Please start your own thread soon so that those of us who are enjoying your daily adventures can continue to follow you through D3 ownership!

-Matt