Good bye charge

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by countrygirl23, Nov 16, 2011.

1. countrygirl23

countrygirl23 New Member

Went through 4 charge and still got issues and same with my hubby. VZW offered a free replacement. Since upgrade is in 4 mos we went for the Tbolt andBionic then we will upgrade to Rezound.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  2. ripstar42

ripstar42 New Member

I am just leaving work now to take this pos back. It is amazing how crappy this phone is. No 3G, no 4G, no LED, cheap plastic, dropped calls, and it is sloooooow. I can't take it anymore.
  3. countrygirl23

countrygirl23 New Member

We called and complained. We wanted the ReZound but its too new to do a replacement. So whynot get rid of the charge than waiting another 4 mos with same issue. Bolt only have battery and I have access to the plug.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  4. ripstar42

ripstar42 New Member

So, I ended up trading it in for the Razr. This phone blows the Charge out of the water, it isn't even close! Best phone I have owned for quite a while. I honestly can't believe they put the Charge on the market. That phone was THAT bad.
  5. mozar

mozar New Member

Rip thats a bold statement since you've only had the Razr for a day. Not saying it can't be true but i think it would take more then 24 hours to be the best.

Sent from my SCH-I510
  6. ripstar42

ripstar42 New Member

Coming from the Charge, a rock would be a better phone. Honestly though, the Razr is amazing. There isn't a phone on the market(until maybe the Nexus comes out) that compares(that is android). What other phone is better?
  7. mozar

mozar New Member

I have a charge and have had no major problems with it. The only thing i complain about is the small amount of ram it has. Then again i got the phone as a free upgrade from the fasinate that had the problem of not recieving phone calls. So to say this phone is crap like you have is IMHO a bit over board. But your experience could be different from mine.

Sent from my SCH-I510
  8. ripstar42

ripstar42 New Member

My experience along with a ton of people was pretty bad. I understand all phones are different but the Charge had a high percentage of unsatisfied users. It was laggy, 3G&4G never connected(so no data anyway), had to turn data off if I wanted it to last over night, the battery was horrid at best, and the plastic feel of it was a huge turn off. It felt like it was from the dollar store.
  9. mozar

mozar New Member

The data connection issue has been on all of the 4g phones that I've read about. I charge my phone over night but my phone lasts me though the whole day with moderate usage. The Charge has the same build quality to me as the Fascinate. I won't lie i'm already looking at getting a new phone and with my wife's upgrade coming up next month (and my wife not caring what phone she has as long as it makes call and send txts) i'll be looking at getting the :hail:Galaxy Nexus.
  10. countrygirl23

countrygirl23 New Member

My husband and I both have taken the new phone changed due to Charge issues. We have a handful.of accessories that we would like to sell. Where can I go to advertise the stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  11. countrygirl23

countrygirl23 New Member

My T-Bolt finally arrived. Big difference I tell ya. We drive thru a spot daily and always drop calls on the Charge. The T-Bolt never dropped the call. I am just overal disapointed that all roms are abansoned for the T-Bolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  12. bL33d

bL33d Member

The charge def had radio issues for me as well till i updated to ep4 leaked radios and now i have a better signal then my old droid x which always had great reception. Also i had a thunderbolt that thing was like lugging a 5 pound brick around. Razr is def way better i want one!! I know alot of people dont tweak there phones but my charge is crazy fast no lag even with livewallpapers. I get 2400 quadrant which is pretty decent. Im running a custom rom with ext4 and 1200mhz oc.
  13. cebosound

cebosound New Member

So is the issue that the charge had problems in the beggining , so many people got upset with it.... then updates came in allowing the Charge to perform much better?

is this why people talk so badly on the Charge.

The overall reviews of the charge don't seem to be that bad. :S
  14. grantfer

grantfer New Member

I'm hearing that after the OTA leak that's out there this phone's running as fast and smooth as anything out there. That and the fact that my area is fully saturated with a full 4G signal i'm pretty excited about the upgrade this Tuesday!
  15. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Your best bet is ebay or craigslist.. just be careful on scammers on craigs list.
  16. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Yep! Never sell to a Nigerian prince who wants it for his sons birthday and is willing to pay a million dollars for it... Just a clue! ;)

But seriously, another place you can try is our sister site Android.net, they have a for sale section! It's worth a try! :)
  17. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

lol I had someone trying to buy my D2G from craigslist and said they were from Maryland. He wanted to pay me plus $50 to ship it Nigeria. Than he said he couldn't access his phone and I kept getting recorded called to enter a 2 digit code to 'activate' his google voice. He wanted me to send to the phone to his son in Nigeria who works for the United Nations. He couldn't come up with an answer as to why I just couldn't ship it to him and he ships it to Nigeria. Finally stopped answering his emails.
  18. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

No just tell them that you will ONLY except a US Bank and that the price is $1500 more than you were asking. Then tell them that you will ship the item once the check clears the bank. They wont respond to you. And if they do well they are stupid. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  19. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

I always run these scammers around in circles its fun. I tell them that shipping is going to cost $400 and I even got one to give me his Paypal Email address. I'm almost positive it was a fake but they can still be confused. Haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  20. cleave

cleave New Member

I have a charge and have had no problems with it at all. As a matter of fact, I live just outside of a 4g area but every time I go into the area I get excellent 4g reception. I have not experienced any dropped calls either. I use it moderately daily, and battery life seems to be great. I do however, always keep it plugged into the car charger when I'm driving. I love the camera, it takes awesome pictures. I suppose some people will get lemons every once in awhile no matter what phone it is. I just finished reading a post from someone who returned a razor...go figure.

What is this update on Tuesday I'm reading about?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
droid charge ep4 radio reviews

droid charge screen turns blue

is the droid charge a good phone

samsung charge screen turning blue

samsung droid charge blue screen issue