PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's great, Jonny. Kind of apropos for the times we live in. :D
Just added to my Spotify Playlist.

My son is in a Transformers stage right now.
The Revenge of The Fallen soundtrack is pretty great. We were listing to it on Spotify and stumbled on this gem which I don't remember from the movie. Have to watch it again (for the 25th time).
So, from the Decent Remakes Department of Droid Forums, I present: Burning Down the House, by The Used. (Sorry, doesn't seem to be an official video).

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
One more I stumbled on.... from my own collection.
Backstory: my nephew moved to NYC after college to become a movie star. He actually did some stuff! He was a bartender on Days of our Lives, starred in low budget slasher film, traveled to Turkey and filmed a movie with Jeff Gutenberg. He's made a few films himself. He's doing well.
One particular film he was in, The Graduates came with the soundtrack if you bought it. Which I did.
I never sat down and listened to the whole thing, but I just this week stumbled on this catchy little track from a seriously obscure band that is on the sound track.

The band is a 2 person group called "Mad Tea Party". Horrible name because Googling that is ridiculous. You have to do some work to get to the track (simply meaning you have to follow the link to hear it)... it ain't on YouTube that I could find.

Mad Tea Party, Never Was I:

*Nice Work Jonny

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
One more I stumbled on.... from my own collection.
Backstory: my nephew moved to NYC after college to become a movie star. He actually did some stuff! He was a bartender on Days of our Lives, starred in low budget slasher film, traveled to Turkey and filmed a movie with Jeff Gutenberg. He's made a few films himself. He's doing well.
One particular film he was in, The Graduates came with the soundtrack if you bought it. Which I did.
I never sat down and listened to the whole thing, but I just this week stumbled on this catchy little track from a seriously obscure band that is on the sound track.

The band is a 2 person group called "Mad Tea Party". Horrible name because Googling that is ridiculous. You have to do some work to get to the track (simply meaning you have to follow the link to hear it)... it ain't on YouTube that I could find.

Mad Tea Party, Never Was I:

I Never Was a Cool One, by Mad Tea
*cough* mad tea party i never was a cool one - YouTube *cough*

Obscure for sure. Catchy in it's own way.

Wadman

Reaction score
I like that. A lot. Reminds me of a lot of the bands I listened to 10+ years ago.

Yeah this is the stuff I used to listen to all the time. I was in a local band for a few years. Never made it big or anything just played every weekend, every chance we could. I live in a pretty small area in Illinois, but the local band scene was great 10-15 years ago. Every weekend you could go to a show somewhere and it usually only cost you a 5 dollar cover to see 3 or 4 bands. So much fun.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There was a pretty good local band scene in Wichita when I lived there. Not so much up here where I'm at. There are plenty of guys who get together and jam, but not any good venues for "up and coming" bands.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Very New Found Glory-ish. I like it.

There's, of course, an awesome music scene here in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame city. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
New Found Glory? Idk about that. Haven't heard them in forever, but they seem to be a bit more campy & lighter from what I recall...

Sent from my Pixel XL