Gonna root - need help with current data

poooookah78

Reaction score
Ok, I have the GNEX... love it, haven't rooted it yet but want to. I realize that there is a lack of an SD card, so putting all the data on it is out of the question. I also have downloaded LOTS of cool apps/emulators/roms, etc and the last thing I wanna do is reload all that. I've never used titanium back up or any other back up program because I came from the D1, which had the SD card and have never had the need to save an image so to speak.

Is there something out there that I can download that will let me root, wipe, etc, then load everything as it was before I did the whole root process?

Thanks!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's gonna be difficult to get where you are since unlocking wipes everything. You can move stuff from your virtual sd card to your computer then back again, but without root, you can't back up app data. Kind of a catch 22.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reaction score
There's some instructions over at XDA (thread in the General GNex forum) for a full phone backup without unlock or root that you can restore after you've unlocked/rooted. I haven't tried it yet but there's some success responses so far.