Golf

MikeZ

Reaction score
I know i'm not alone. Prior to the Droid i did not use any kind of a GPS course gadget.

I see a few apps that provide that, as well as score keeping and all kinds of other stuff.

I am just looking for feedback from people that have used any of these apps.

thanks

smokinfish

Reaction score
I just used GolfCard yesterday and was totally amazed by the accuracy of the program. We used the golf cart gps system as well as a sky caddie and they were all the same as far as yardages go.

It also keeps score for you and keeps track of rounds as well. They have lots of course to chose from. I highly recommend this one.

Hit em straight!

drew

Reaction score
How did the battery hold up over the course of the round? It seems GPS can really suck the life out of the battery...and I wish I played more golf.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You should not be allowed to talk about golf when there is a foot of snow on the ground. I am looking forward to trying this in the spring though.

smokinfish

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. Xmas party got the better of me. :beer2:

I had no problem with battery drain. I also used the phone, checked and sent emails and texts. I still had 60% battery at the end of the day.

Rixx

Reaction score
freecaddie

Tried the Freecaddie app out...my buddy has a Sky Caddie that went along for side by side comparison.

Freecaddie is free...it will give distance to center of green only.

Side by side comparison....yardage shows almost the same on both, every hole. Maybe 2-3 yards different on a few holes. That's it, though.

Works well enough for me to purcahse the pay version. That one will show yardage to bunkers-hazzards as well.

9.95....how you gonna beat it??

It automatically pulls up all the courses in you're area. All loaded, ready to go.

Update.....Just installed an update. Freecaddie now offers distance to Front, center, and back of greens.

Last edited:

nate94gt

Reaction score
i got golfcard for mine. I havent used it in a round yet (i live in michigan :( ), but from toying w/ it, it seems like a great app. It will also keep track of penalties, putts, chips, drives (left, right, fairway), and upload them oobgolf to keep track of my handicap and stats. Good stuff.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
While searching for apps yesterday I ran into a nice little app called TeeDroid. So far this is the best free golf app I've found. I haven't had a chance to use it since it is cold and snowy where I live. But I suggest checking it out. It seems pretty nice.

jkayner

Reaction score
i bought the free caddie pro app, it lasts me the whole round, but the battery is pretty low when I'm done. I had a program on my winmo phone that would lose connection to the GPS when the display is turned off and this one/droid works perfectly saving battery when the screen is off.