Golf GPS APP

Gazoo

Reaction score
I am looking for a good golf gps program. I tried a few last time I played but none of the had specific hole layout. They mostly just tracked your shots and kept score.

jltung

Reaction score
golf gps

I bought GolfCard and downloaded FreeCaddie.
They give yardages fairly accurately to the green.
Some of the more expensive apps will give distances to hazards etc., enable keeping score and handicaps and ??? clean your clubs :)
I think the strategy would be to try some of the free and/or some of the cheaper apps to find if this is enough for you.

The "elephant in the living room" is BATTERY LIFE.

Several people have private carts with a 12 v battery which makes this a non-issue.
Others have used an after market external battery chargers. Amazon.com has an interesting generic all-purpose charger.
One interesting one I saw was a solar energy based charger ( I do not recommend).
I have uPro (love) and Skycaddie SG5 and a scope, so my phone really is just an emergency back-up when we play a course or a second round that I did not plan for.

paulmac

Reaction score
I have downloaded from market place, Free Caddy. Seems like it will work, but living here in the northeast I will have to wait until next season to actually try it out. I was impressed with the list of courses available in my area. The free version using GPS gives you distance from your location to the hole. The full verson is supposed to give you more, distance to bunkers, hazards etc from your location. I only have the free version for now until I check it out and see if I actually like it come spring.

fbell

Reaction score
I also use Golf Card and have no problen with battery life for 18 holes.

fishepa

Reaction score
I used Golf Card on the iphone and it worked good. I haven't tried the Droid version yet.

jltung

Reaction score
golf gps

Another consideration is the courses available:

GolfCard has more courses available including The International, Bolton, Ma

FreeCaddie did not have most private courses, I do not know about the Pro version.

Again whether or not the phone works on your course for 4 1/2 hours depends on coverage of the area.

caykroyd

Reaction score
Intelligolf is a great app. Unfortunately they haven't ported it to android yet. Go to their website they have a link to request an Android app. It has benefits of scoring, statistics, and side games to keep tabs of all your bets. Who golfs without side bets with their buddies?

Quick

Reaction score
Intelligolf is a great app. Unfortunately they haven't ported it to android yet. Go to their website they have a link to request an Android app. It has benefits of scoring, statistics, and side games to keep tabs of all your bets. Who golfs without side bets with their buddies?

...and 4 years later... It's available! (60% off introductory offer). Got it, haven't tried it yet.