Golf GPS APP

tawnee

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you have any info on golfing GPS APPs, and which worked for you
Thanks!!

rjcapp

Reaction score
I am going to try golf logix.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Johnw

Reaction score
I used golfshot for an 18th hole round today with the extended battery and started with 100% battery and ended with 80%. 2 hours later with web browsing I'm still only at 70% (7 hours since this morning taking off charger.)

mfechter

Reaction score
SkyDroid... works great and you can set up your local course on your home computer in a few minutes and then download it on your phone... great app

NavySTi

Reaction score
Golf GPS

It isn't free, but I really like Golf Logix. Keeps track of everything....

azbutch

Reaction score
+2 for Skydroid. Have used it for last 6 months and think it is great......but it can't fix a duck hook!

bplewis24

Reaction score
I would not recommend Golf Logix unless they have really improved it since last year.

GolfCard used to be the best app bar none, but they changed their stat-tracking database to USHandicap or something and it has gone downhill based on that, but the app itself is still useful if it has the courses you play.

OOBGolf is what I'm using currently. It uses oobgolf.com's database/stat tracking, which is what makes it the most useful. It's like $12/year for the advanced stat tracking capabilities or something. I'm not sure if I'm going to renew or not, but I haven't found anything better lately.

The only problem with the OOBGolf app is that the GPS is running all of the time unless you hit the button to turn it off. On GolfCard, the GPS radio wouldn't kick in unless you went into the rangefinder. That potentially saves battery life.

If you only care about GPS, then Skydroid is hard to beat. However, I also need a scorecard, so it doesn't work for me.

Brandon

Last edited:

stephiedaneil63

Reaction score
I use google maps and that only has helped me tracking routes. Till now I have not come for the requirement of GPS.

dennyjones

Reaction score
They have really improved Golflogix. Battery life is amazing if you follow their instructions. GPS to any location and more options than any other app. Highly recommended.