Golf GPS App question.

azbutch

Reaction score
I use Skydroid and mapped our club course (which wasn't in the library). Maping is simple as you sit in your den with a Google GPS overview and indicate which parts of the course you want distances to....front, middle and back of greens of course but also the front of fairway bunkers or the eucalyptus tree on the left in addition to any targets you want to aim for. It is stored on my Incredible and I find it very accurate. It also has a "track" selection so you can click on your location, hit your drive, and when you get to your ball tell you how long your drive was...or any other selection. I even mapped our driving range! And.....its free! No monthly fees, etc.

Last edited:

jkayner

Reaction score
freecaddie is the one i use. There is also a "pro" version that costs $15-25 that adds some extra features. It has alot of courses and if not you can build your own using an online tool. It's very accurate (depending on how accurate you or someone else who built the course made it). It's pretty light on the battery also. My droid is usually about 50% when done playing starting with a full charge

Booch_21

Reaction score
I use Skydroid and mapped our club course (which wasn't in the library). Maping is simple as you sit in your den with a Google GPS overview and indicate which parts of the course you want distances to....
+1 on SkyDroid. I added my local courses with ease. Darn accurate too!

btown1056

Reaction score
FreeCaddiePro

I have the FreeCaddiePro installed on my HTC Incredible 2 and love it. It is $9.99 but that is a one time fee with no annual or download fees and you distances to the front and back of greens, distance to hazards, length of shots, scorecards and access to over 24,000 different courses. They even had the par 3 course here in Bloomington,IN that a play a scramble tourney in. All in all this is by far the best golf app I have used so far and my buddy even likes it more than his actual golf gps unit.