going to s4 from razr maxx

Natey2

Reaction score
Great that the S4 has removable media.
But App to SD is not available on my S4. Found out about that little quirk after I got my phone. What do you guys do?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

GVLBob

Reaction score
Great that the S4 has removable media.
But App to SD is not available on my S4. Found out about that little quirk after I got my phone. What do you guys do?

My S4 does have App to SD, but I mostly use the SD card for pictures and music. My apps easily fit in the 16GB of device storage (no games).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Removable storage has become unimportant to me. I don't store music or any kind of media on my phone. Music is uploaded to the cloud and I don't watch movies on my phone. I had 16GB/16GB on my Razr Maxx and after almost 2 years had plenty of spare space. I could have prolly got away without even having an SD card.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I almost got a Maxx, as I always had Moto with the smart phones. I didn't mainly because of the removable battery on the S4. That seems to be on the way out, though as so many now have non-removable batteries. I have a 32GB chip on my S4 and know that it would be enough for me.

In the end, it was more of a coin toss. I have the Edge plan so I can swap phones down the road if I really want to.

Natey2

Reaction score
My S4 does have App to SD, but I mostly use the SD card for pictures and music. My apps easily fit in the 16GB of device storage (no games).
Which Carrier's S4 is that? I hear a future update might enable App to SD.
My T-Mobile S4 had about 9GB of useable space when I bought it. The other (16-9=) 7GB was used by system stuff.

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Asking about the smart actions and letting ppl know I'm using Tasker as the alternate.

GVLBob

Reaction score
My T-Mobile S4 had about 9GB of useable space when I bought it. The other (16-9=) 7GB was used by system stuff.

I'm on Verizon. They enabled Apps To SD with the first upgrade of the operating system. Right now, my Android version is 4.2.2 and the Baseband version is I545VRUDMI1, but we on Verizon are expecting an upgrade to Android version 4.3 and Baseband version I545VRUEMJ7 "shortly". Supposedly today, according to the rumors.

Verizon Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update is Build VRUEMJ7 ? Includes Gear Support and Activates LTE Band 4 ? Droid Life

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on Verizon. They enabled Apps To SD with the first upgrade of the operating system. Right now, my Android version is 4.2.2 and the Baseband version is I545VRUDMI1, but we on Verizon are expecting an upgrade to Android version 4.3 and Baseband version I545VRUEMJ7 "shortly". Supposedly today, according to the rumors.

Verizon Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update is Build VRUEMJ7 ? Includes Gear Support and Activates LTE Band 4 ? Droid Life

This would be a happily received miracle... that I'll believe when I see... :)

Alextodd

Reaction score

You can already do that, you can still transfer apps easily from your internal memory to SD card, and you can play from your SD card directly. Hence allowing you to give extreme space. Here is an article that will help you in transferring apps (no matter how big they are) from your S4 internal memory to SD card.
Samsung Galaxy S4 internal storage space solution | A place to find best mobile phone repairing tips