Going on a cruise? Make sure to turn your phone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes

Reaction score
thats its plain as day to see. I just dont get it, you people rather be spoon fed then live for yourself and be responsible. One more step closer to 1984 or equalibrum
Best non sequitur EVAR!

JCo352

Reaction score
thats its plain as day to see. I just dont get it, you people rather be spoon fed then live for yourself and be responsible. One more step closer to 1984 or equalibrum

You speak of living for yourself in one statement, and then, in another statement about calling someone a name, and calling the police to protect you. Sounds like you can't be responsible for your own actions. Sad really.

A. I called him a "dolt" because i was being sarcastic because he called me it.

I brought up the police, as I am an adult in an industry that is highly regulated and I dont need a police report after i kick someones ass, oh and thats kinda the law, you know? What I spend my tax dollars on.

I think you have a problem reading, he didn't call you a dolt, snappingfish did. It's a law to call the police? Hmmm, didn't know that.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
look at yourself man, half of you's dont make any sense and think you know it all... and act like tuff guys when ur soft like cotton! this forum is getting to be to high school. its supopse be about helping someone and if you cant do that then stay the eff off the forums. some of yous have no life and need to find something else to do and if you ever talked to me the way some of you fools do on here in person.. you wouldnt have a jaw to talk about it.. df you can bann me or whatever but we need to get the forum back to the old days, when half this mf's didnt even have a droid or smartphone and need to be a helping comm. not bashing the guy ir his mom for not kowing better!!!!!

carbonnoid

Reaction score
You speak of living for yourself in one statement, and then, in another statement about calling someone a name, and calling the police to protect you. Sounds like you can't be responsible for your own actions. Sad really.

A. I called him a "dolt" because i was being sarcastic because he called me it.

I brought up the police, as I am an adult in an industry that is highly regulated and I dont need a police report after i kick someones ass, oh and thats kinda the law, you know? What I spend my tax dollars on.

I think you have a problem reading, he didn't call you a dolt, snappingfish did. It's a law to call the police? Hmmm, didn't know that.

I was directing it to snapping. He then directed it to me, and I guess we got into some weird "dolt" triangle.

Of course, what are you paying them for?

carbonnoid

Reaction score
look at yourself man, half of you's dont make any sense and think you know it all... and act like tuff guys when ur soft like cotton! this forum is getting to be to high school. its supopse be about helping someone and if you cant do that then stay the eff off the forums. some of yous have no life and need to find something else to do and if you ever talked to me the way some of you fools do on here in person.. you wouldnt have a jaw to talk about it.. df you can bann me or whatever but we need to get the forum back to the old days, when half this mf's didnt even have a droid or smartphone and need to be a helping comm. not bashing the guy ir his mom for not kowing better!!!!!

it wasnt a bashing in the beginning, it was after he felt entitled that they gave him all of his money back.

Mule65

Reaction score
Can someone slap a lock on this thread?

couple_bickering.JPG

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score

Settle down there guido... before you hurt yourself..
C'mon mods!!! Where you guys at??? Shut this crap down... it's bringin out the riff-raff

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score
I hadn't been to this thread in a few hours and just tried to catch up...

Man. Incredible how this could get so twisted so quickly. Nearly every response was directed at someone new, as if they were the OP. So, settle down, everyone. Come on down and relax. The air is pretty thin up there I imagine.

From the beginning I had said that the phone was not being used. While I understand it must have been pulling data for updates, background apps, etc., the phone was not used otherwise. You may or may not chose to believe me (or her), but it's true and matters very little if you believe it. My mom is not a Droid forum troll nor does she live and die by HTC or Motorola release dates. She like her fancy phone because she can play solitaire on it and set up personalized ring tones for EVERYONE that calls her (read: annoying). She never thought to upgrade her package or put it in airplane mode. She just chose to not use the phone and that was her solution.

Was it the right solution? Well hindsight would say no.

All I asked for was for some understanding of the situation. To which the CS agent told me, in her robotic, script reading tone, 'Sorry sir, but the charges are valid and there is nothing more that we can do'.

Fine. If that is the case and this company who I have been paying timely monthly payments to for 10 years is not willing to understand the situation and remove the charges in their entirety, then the same 2 questions that I asked in the first post stand...

Does anyone know someone at Verizon who would understand?

If not, any body have any experience with Sprint?

JCo352

Reaction score

Settle down there guido... before you hurt yourself..
C'mon mods!!! Where you guys at??? Shut this crap down... it's bringin out the riff-raff

Wow, you're so clever. Anyways, he's right.

Signum

Reaction score
wow, bunch of mindless dribble.

anyway, if fish is so adamant about "bill shock" lets have doctors disclose how much your surgery is gonna cost before you have it. gonna make ya think twice huh?

wil318466

Reaction score
Funny how Credit Card companies will call you in a HEARTBEAT if they see an expensive charge, but cell phone companies will gladly let that bill get up to 40,000 dollars and not say a word.

VIRominoff

Reaction score
I love how only one person understood what I was saying ans then was ignored.

lol I didn't read my lease before I signed. What do you mean I can't have a dog?

lol I didn't read my car loan. What's what? I need full coverage? Oh lol just let it slide I'll have it next time!

You say the car was shifted with no clutch? Oh...I was wondering about that peddle...but I see my mistake now and you can fix it for free.

Oh...I didn't read my cell phone contract? Oh that's ok lesson learned!

also...

Funny how Credit Card companies will call you in a HEARTBEAT if they see an expensive charge, but cell phone companies will gladly let that bill get up to 40,000 dollars and not say a word.

Let's see..

Card get stolen and your credit ruined
vs.
You didn't know that in your contract it says. "If you leave the country please call or we'll **** your wallet"

Yeah...

Also I'm not anti-billshock. I'm just in favor of those who don't read paying for their laziness.

I've only had this happen once with Sprint back in the day and that's because a CSR told me that Data is ticked by the minute. I was 14 and I wanted a new game XD.

wil318466

Reaction score
I love how only one person understood what I was saying ans then was ignored.

lol I didn't read my lease before I signed. What do you mean I can't have a dog?

lol I didn't read my car loan. What's what? I need full coverage? Oh lol just let it slide I'll have it next time!

You say the car was shifted with no clutch? Oh...I was wondering about that peddle...but I see my mistake now and you can fix it for free.

Oh...I didn't read my cell phone contract? Oh that's ok lesson learned!

also...

Let's see..

Card get stolen and your credit ruined
vs.
You didn't know that in your contract it says. "If you leave the country please call or we'll **** your wallet"

Yeah...

Also I'm not anti-billshock. I'm just in favor of those who don't read paying for their laziness.

I've only had this happen once with Sprint back in the day and that's because a CSR told me that Data is ticked by the minute. I was 14 and I wanted a new game XD.

Your examples are absurd. The real world doesn't work in absolutes. Did someone make a mistake? Yes. was it intentional? No.

Someone being stuck with a multiple thousand dollar cell phone bill CAN have their credit hurt.

People who think like you are ridiculous. It isn't so cut and dried, and "lol I didn't read my lease before I signed. What do you mean I can't have a dog?" is just a lame attempt to justify your rationale.

and "lol" at people who think that a contract should clear up all questions and not limit the corporation from any action afterwards.

Do you think predatory lending is ok? How about credit card companies jacking up their rates whenever they want? How about health-insurance companies that can drop you for a technicality when they discover you have a serious health issue? How about Enron employees who invested in their stock? "Lol" these are all laid on in the contracts, aren't they?

Every example you can come up with there can be examples on the the other side. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.