Going on a cruise? Make sure to turn your phone off.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by swaldrop, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikes

mikes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The guy "ir'ed his mom." That's sick and twisted, yet you say he's right.

2. VIRominoff

VIRominoff Member

Ratings:
    +0

I bet she was hot!

Get it...ir=infrared...nevermind...

3. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your examples are absurd. The real world doesn't work in absolutes. Did someone make a mistake? Yes. was it intentional? No.

Someone being stuck with a multiple thousand dollar cell phone bill CAN have their credit hurt.

People who think like you are ridiculous. It isn't so cut and dried, and "lol I didn't read my lease before I signed. What do you mean I can't have a dog?" is just a lame attempt to justify your rationale.

and "lol" at people who think that a contract should clear up all questions and not limit the corporation from any action afterwards.

Do you think predatory lending is ok? How about credit card companies jacking up their rates whenever they want? How about health-insurance companies that can drop you for a technicality when they discover you have a serious health issue? How about Enron employees who invested in their stock? "Lol" these are all laid on in the contracts, aren't they?

Every example you can come up with there can be examples on the the other side. Please.

4. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Did you honestly compare someone using their phone while roaming and racking up charges that are outlined in a contract, with blatant illegal activities. You do realize that the reason enron got into trouble was the fact that they were falsifying their financial statements to make it appear that their income was significantly higher than it was, while also hiding their liabilities? This is a big no no for a company that is publicly traded. Verizon didn't forge or lie about anything. You're comparing apples to prostate exams, it doesnt work.

5. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of the 4 examples, admittedly this was one of the weakest ones, exactly for the reason you cited. While I was writing it I was thinking more in terms of there being accepted risk in equity investments, thought about it, then left it in anyway.

Picking out the weakest one of the four doesn't make the other 3 less valid. The point I was trying to make was pretty obvious.

6. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wtf is this thread?...... :icon_ nono2:

7. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I started reading this thread earlier this morning I see it has 14 pages now did the op ever come back and say what happend? Did he canceled the contract or did he get a deal?

8. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and to the OP, call again. When you get the same response from the CS rep, ask to speak to a supervisor. Remain calm, polite and non-combative, and just clearly explain the situation. If there is anything that can be done, they will do it. If not, thank him/her for trying, hang up and pay the bill. I don't see switching carriers being any real solution. You'll still have to pay Verizon their money, you'll be downgrading to a carrier with less than ideal service, and you'll still be under the same basic use rules/charges, all because you (your mom) did in fact technically incur the charges legitimately.

There, answered. Can we close this thread now? :closed_2:

9. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You are being silly by saying your mom didn't know what she was doing. She took the phone with here didn't she? take the very generous $75 gift and pay the bill that you are responsible for. Since you were in charge of sending them on the trip, you should have told her to leave the phone at home if you didn't want a bill. Man up.... and stop trying to use the "I didn't know" ignorance ploy.

Or cry like a baby and go elsewhere.... and see what poor service is all about. Sprint is making progress in the area of support, but not long ago they were the worst, followed by At&t.

10. DroidBoy22

DroidBoy22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In all honesty, I can see where the OP is coming from. I don't see why everyone is bashing him over this. He NEVER said it's Verizons fault. He made a mistake and acknowledged it. An example was when my car tabs were expired. I got pulled over for it by a police officer and he wrote me a ticket. True, it was MY fault for not knowing, but I went to talk to a hearing officer and he waived the fee because he saw I renewed it immediately. Point of it is, Verizon isn't gonna die if they don't this guys chump change, and he will learn a lesson and never do it again. For pete sake, if what he says is true and he has been on Verizon for 10 years making sure to pay the bills on time and not giving them hassle, he should get that waived. Verizon should be more worried about loosing a good customer than a few hundred bucks.

11. carbonnoid

carbonnoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But your not understanding the fact that, its not that you were provided a service, if you provided a service, and they didnt know you needed to get paid, would you let them go? It doesnt matter if its 1 dollar of a million dollars, a contract is a contract. Verizon did the right thing and gave him 21% off. You need to take the emotion out of it, and base it on facts, theres a binding contract, he broke it, they took into consideration that he is a good customer and gave him 75 dollars off. Its like you cheating on your wife, you made a mistake, and acknowledged it, so she should waive the divorce? either way

12. snappingfish

snappingfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    exactly!!

+1

I guess I think of it like this.....I am retired, but have owned a couple of productive businesses during my time. I would rather decide on the side of humanity, rather than run with a hard edge. Who is going to get my business? The person who can laugh, and say, "OK...I understand it could have been an oversight on your behalf, or maybe your mom just learned a lesson." I think that the business model would certainly promote great 'word of mouth' advertising, as opposed to having 6-7 pages of bad-mouth talked about ya! (with the exception of a few Scrooges and 'need to be right at any cost' black-hearted dummies).

VZW could afford to excuse the error, but the didn't. I would probably try to escalate to a level that had the option, but in either case, I would either pay the ETF, and go elsewhere, or, if I were close to contract end, refuse any offer they made from the retention dept. (Knowing that ANY competing carrier would MATCH or BEAT any offer that the Big V made, for the sake of drawing a customer away!

Jus' sayin', thats all!

'Night
    fish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
do i need to adjust my phone service for a caribbean trip

going on a cruise but dont want to gt charged for using phon

how do i know im roaming when on cruise ship

how do you make sure you phone doesnt get charges will international

how to cut cell phone off when on a cruise

how to shut off completely i 4 phone while on cruise ship