1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

going from ud to ------

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 306stang, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 306stang

306stang New Member

so i got bored and wanted to change things ota.

went into rom manager and dl'd smoked glass. then i dl'd bb.

after each one it says "an error occured while trying to run privileged commands"

what's up with that??

it seems like i'm stuck.

setcpu is stuck on oem settings but when i do a pull down menu it says stage one and it's obviously not oem settings. it says i don't have root access

sorry, very newbish on this. i'm probably missing something super easy but what gives????
  2. 306stang

306stang New Member

nobody??????
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Straight from koush.

Tips for using ROM Manager:
    • When switching between ROMs, I highly recommend wiping data and backup as part of the switch process.
    • If you find yourself missing applications or having force closes due to "class not found" errors in logcat, use Fix Permissions within ROM Manager.
    • The first flash of recovery via ROM Manager is sometimes buggy due to an issue with some versions of Superuser. It will get "stuck" after you choose "Always Allow" and then possibly show an error. Just press back, and try again. It will usually work.
    • If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.
    • Make sure you have an SD card inserted and not mounted to your PC. :)
    • If something goes wrong while in recovery, you would be a great help if you can get me a copy of /tmp/recovery.log and /tmp/extendedcommand before you reboot.
    koush has his own forum here now so if you have any more questions about ROM manager you can ask him directly.