Going from Darkslide 4.2 froyo to newer gingerbread ROMs

jblanchet

Reaction score
Well about 6 months ago I rooted with Z4 and went to DarkSlide 4.2 ... I've never really been all that happy with it, but school got busy and then work this summer. Now my X has been constantly wanting me to take the OTA for Gingerbread for months now and I just click Install Later twice a day lol. I am wanting to try something new, but it's been so long that I don't know what the hell I'm really doing lol. And I'm sure you guys get this all the time but....

What's the favorite ROM out there for the X now? So many more options out there now, I see Liberty has a Gingerbread-based ROM, DarkSlide X is even out, as well as a CyanogenMod?!? I've been gone too long. And...

What steps do I need to do to get to said ROM from where I am now, a rooted DarkSlide 4.2 Froyo? It seems I read you can't really take the OTA gingerbread over a custom froyo ROM, so does that apply to the gingerbread-based ROMs too? I would assume I need to wipe my phone first? Can't even remember how to factory reset... I'm so lost lol.

Any help is appreciated :)

OP
J

jblanchet

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I am running Liberty now and it looks great. Having trouble getting my contact list to populate, even though I used backup assistant... but I'll get 'er figured out. Thanks again!