Going from D1 to D3 What can I expect?

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
And although i have synch set to most frequent time, it doesnt synch gmail consistently

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
And i just got a voicemail and the incoming call doesnt show up in my recent calls list!

jpblock82

Reaction score
Sounds as you are having some frustrating issues... none of which I've experienced with my D3 (got mine the day of release). Perhaps a factory reset may help???? I too was a OG D1 user, and also miss the physical camera button.. but that's it really. Of the things I can (soon I hope) change will be stable ROMs for the D3. I do love vanilla android.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
GPS problems are a known issue and I think the update will fix it. Incoming calls not registering is also a known issue but I don't know if the update addresses the problem.

What do you mean that you have gmail set to sync at the most frequent time? Gmail uses push so there is no frequency setting. Are you using some kind of data/power manager. I would turn that stuff off. Use "performance mode".

For me, for the most part, the Droid 3 is a dream compared to the original Droid.

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Now it has changed my email notification sound. Never had any of these issues with D1.

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
So with all the above problems I am having I decide to do a Factory RESET. Completed reset>set up gmail>reinstalled apps. First incoming call Went Directly to Voice Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_ devil:

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Spoke with verizon customer service. New phone on the way. I knew it wasn't me. (Never had any probs with D1)