going from a Razor Maxx to a Note 3?????

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' started by Steve H, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Steve H

Steve H Member

I have had a Motorola Droid from day one. My latest is the Razor Maxx. I am eligible for an upgrade in about a month and have been thinking about going to the Note 3. The screen size and the stylus look good to me. If I do make the switch are there any big surprises that I might want to know about before I jump in? How water "resistant" and shock resistant is the Note 3? I have drug my Maxx through hell without a case and I am surprised that I haven't killed it. I am a fire fighter and use my phone A LOT when on scene so it is exposed to some fairly extreme conditions.
  2. mcsoul

mcsoul New Member

It's a great phone. But in your line of work you will need a heck of a good case.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Steve H

Steve H Member

I have heard that the micro charging plug on my Motorola is different than what the Note 3 uses..................true????????
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

The charging port is different but you can use your Moto charger on the Note 3 - you just cannot use the Note 3 charger on any other device at this time (that includes Samsung devices as well)...

The Note 3 is an awesome phone in both functionality and use. I would definitely look into a good case as the Note 3 is a bit thinner / lighter than the Razr Maxx (not to mention a bit taller / wider) so it will feel different in hand.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rustydog

rustydog Member

I never looked back. Like others have said get a good case, I think all of the smart phones are vulnerable,
  6. rustydog

rustydog Member

The camera is awesome compared to the Maxx.
  7. 1tfrot

1tfrot New Member

and battery life is about equal. my cuz has a razr maxx and we are always comparing battery life with each other. they are very comparable from what we've seen
  8. 3L1

3L1 New Member

The biggest surprise will be when you use it the first time and realize that no other phone compares to the note 3. My previous phone was a RAZR Maxx HD. The stock note 3 battery is good (not as good as the RAZR Maxx HD) but I found a zerolemon battery that lasts forever and it came w a bomb-proof case.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  9. droidprincess

droidprincess Premium Member Premium Member

I have to agree with a very good case. I didnt get a case immediately and dropped my Note 3 ......it only suffered some scuffs and a small crack on the bottom of the screen.

sent from my Hot Galaxy Note 3 ;-)
  10. MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn New Member

I just upgraded from a MAXX to a Note 3. I was reluctant to leave Motorola, but now I'm SO glad that I did. This phone is blistering fast in comparison, much easier to manipulate, easier to read, and offers multitasking that I just couldn't do on the MAXX. The only thing I don't like about it is that the interface seems a bit feminine, but that too can be corrected with the right apps.
Search tags for this page

charging port galaxy note 1 avon park fl

note 3 or droid maxx

razr maxx vs note 3

will charger for razr hd max charge a galaxy note 3