Going back to stock.

OP
S

shadesdragon

Reaction score
When you open up a terminal you can use the command pwd. pwd will tell you what your present working directory is.

Example:
$ pwd
/
This tells me I am at the root of the file system.

To change to another directory you use the command cd

Example:
$cd /system
$ pwd
/system

Once in that directory to see a listing on the terminal type the following command

$ ls -l

This will give you a long listing of all the files and permissions/ownership of each file in your current directory.

If you want to send that output to a text file you can do this:

ls -l >> /mnt/sdcard/mylisting.txt

You can then open this document up in wordpad (note pad will give bad formatting unless you run something like a unix2dos tool on the document).

OP
S

shadesdragon

Reaction score
Ok maderschramm. I tried everything that these forums and others said about reinstalling the application and the error I get when updating is

assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/app/CityID.apk",
with a bunch of number and a blur issue.

Seems like there is some version checks that the patch is looking for and failing on them. Doesn't look like I have a choice but to go with the sbf method and risk it with my usb issue.

so here it goes...

I have bootloader 30.03,
System version 2.3.15
Android 2.2

downloaded rsdlite 4.8
downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

Sound about right?

.........and all I need to do is follow your instructions to:

• Install RSD_Lite
  • Boot your phone into the bootloader using the previous instructions (Hold Down + Camera Button while holding power)
  • Connect phone to computer using USB Cable
  • Open RSD_Lite (you must run as admin for it to work, 4.8 automatically runs as admin I believe)
  • Click the “...” button and select the .sbf file you placed on your desktop
  • Click start to begin the flashing process after you've confirmed your device and .sbf file with RSD_Lite (sometimes changing the Device ID helps RSD_Lite find the device)

OP
S

shadesdragon

Reaction score
Ok. Flashing seemed to have gone well. I received a blue triangle, can't browse the net and can't make calls so I dialed *228 and attempted to activate my phone. Said a special call needed to be made blah blah blah... then it immediately disconnected and said activation was unsuccessful. They seem to be doing maintenance or something so I will try again later today.

OP
S

shadesdragon

Reaction score
Alright. I tried again this morning and everything activated smoothly. I then went ahead and installed the over the air update and went through fine. All is well once again. Now time to regain my freedom and re-root.

Attachments

• droidxupdated.png
    droidxupdated.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 191