going back to stock rom

GigaJake

Reaction score
Did it successfully flash the cdt.bin that way? If so, there must be a command to flash the entire thing....

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
i tried another of the stock zips i have and its on 12 /17 flash system "system img" in process

GigaJake

Reaction score
Then if your current attempt fails, unzip the entire sbf zip and place the contents in the moto-fastboot folder. There's probably a command to use the xml to perform a fastboot that way.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
looks like she is breathing. now will the RSD AP fast boot wipe out all of the safe strap and what not?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Yes. If the fastboot worked, it should be out of box condition. How did you get it to work for future advice?

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Boot loader is fixed, stock rom has started.

I now no longer want to kick a puppy... Thank you so very much for all of your help and patients. And I'm sorry If I came off snippy. The post in the other forum was actually directed at you.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
I pushed the cdt.bin then I used the stock rom that you provided with RSD. The 2 options (215 and 219) would not work

GigaJake

Reaction score
Only trying to help.
Congrats on the working phone.

kapppz

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm having a big issue with the ICS to Jelly Bean OTA for the Moto Droid 4. I should have never tried to update and I want to go back to my backup.

Currently I have a wiped clean JB 4.1.2 install. I was able to get superuser on and I put my backups in /sdcard/safestrap/backup/ which was made with safestrap 2.00. When I reboot and then hit menu for safestrap 2.00, it just sits there with a black screen. If I install safestrap 3.11, I get past the menu. In the main SS screen I select restore, no backups are in the listed.

Does SS 2.00 run on JB Droid 4? Can SS 3.11 restore a SS 2.00 backup? Is the directory location correct (all lowercase)?

Many many thanks!

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm having a big issue with the ICS to Jelly Bean OTA for the Moto Droid 4. I should have never tried to update and I want to go back to my backup.

Currently I have a wiped clean JB 4.1.2 install. I was able to get superuser on and I put my backups in /sdcard/safestrap/backup/ which was made with safestrap 2.00. When I reboot and then hit menu for safestrap 2.00, it just sits there with a black screen. If I install safestrap 3.11, I get past the menu. In the main SS screen I select restore, no backups are in the listed.

Does SS 2.00 run on JB Droid 4? Can SS 3.11 restore a SS 2.00 backup? Is the directory location correct (all lowercase)?

Many many thanks!

SS2 backups won't work on SS3; also, your ICS backups won't boot now that you've upgraded to JB. They run on different kernels.

kapppz

Reaction score
Thanks ws6formula350, I'm familiar with linux. Is there anyway to downgrade the kernel? There has to be...it's linux.