God, this PDANet PC install is so aggravating :(

Briankbl

Reaction score
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. I am about to be driven up the walls here. I am trying to install PDANet on my Vista 32-Bit PC. It asks to install driver for certain device. I choose Motorola, but I get an "USB Driver Installation Failed, err=0x20" error message. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me someone here has experienced this. I really would appreciate the help, thanks!

SGTiger

Reaction score
Have you turned on USB debugging on your phone? If you're getting the error before even plugging in the phone, ignore this post.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Try an older version of the desktop app maybe?
Download PdaNet
Or, if you are rooted try this instead. It's basically the same but without the need to install a desktop app.
android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Also, is it ever prompting you with the red box that says install drivers anyway or something like that? Or does it crash before then?

I am getting that prompt and select Yes. Install seems to move along normally, but the progress bar hangs and install fails. I will try the above files and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Have you turned on USB debugging on your phone? If you're getting the error before even plugging in the phone, ignore this post.

Yup, it's on.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
The wired-tether app works great! Downloading the older build of PDANet as well, just for kicks. My main goal through all of this was to hook up my PS3 through PC with PDANet or EasyTether, but neither of the desktop apps will finish installing.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Still can't install the older version of PDANet...still asks to install USB Drivers, then hangs.

br91655

Reaction score
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic. I am about to be driven up the walls here. I am trying to install PDANet on my Vista 32-Bit PC. It asks to install driver for certain device. I choose Motorola, but I get an "USB Driver Installation Failed, err=0x20" error message. Over and over and over and over. Please tell me someone here has experienced this. I really would appreciate the help, thanks!

Take a look at this thread, especially the link to the moto drivers. http://forum.droid-life.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=914

omigon2001

Reaction score
Just?

Just root and use the wifi tethering :)

I heard that anything that comes after the word "JUST" is probably a bad idea.
And running at ROOT is a bad idea... sort of like juggle live chainsaws...

I my be prepubescent and not qualified to pee in the woods, but I though this
thread was about error #13 on some driver...