Go sms

jnm

Reaction score
I just installed go sms...however when I txt someone .txt is showing up as if I txted a differnt person. Any thoughts.....I was using handcent however it was very.buggie with my X bit I loved it

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
I don't have a solution, I just posted this on another thread:

I started with Handcent then got annoyed that sometimes the pop up would not be the current message but the prior text message so then went to chomp and after a few days realized I was not receiving or sending out several texts so then tried Go Sms worked for a few days then just would not send my messages, so like everyone else im back to Handcent..

csimo

Reaction score
I just installed go sms...however when I txt someone .txt is showing up as if I txted a differnt person. Any thoughts.....I was using handcent however it was very.buggie with my X bit I loved it

Thanks

This is not a GoSMS, Handcent, ChompSMS or stock text app problem. All use the operating system to actually send and receive messages. Those apps just handle the messages.

There is a known and acknowledged problem in Android that causes this problem. Google has said they are working on a fix for the problem.

Switching from GoSMS to Handcent or any other text app will not do anything to fix the problem.

OP
J

jnm

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help. I did see that it happend in the txt msg that comes with the phone.

csimo

Reaction score
same problem here on the d2g. any fix for this yet?

Google has released two patches that resolve this problem, but it's up to the manufacturer and carrier to release the patch. GoSMS, Handcent, ChompSMS, etc. cannot fix this bug since it's in the operating system.

You can manually patch Froyo on your device if you have root. You have to edit two java files.

Here are the Google patches:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pl...ch;h=18d6b7e9d2e538fb3c0264332b96c02abf367267

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=pl...ch;h=4d26623ce82230e8e7009adb921c5edea370a9e0

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thanks, but turns out it was GoSMS fault. I tried the stock app and it was working fine, so i deleted gosms and then I redownloaded it form the market and it seems to work fine now.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
U should test it out but it might because it has to run in the background but it probably uses like 2% out of the whole day probably

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

sweetchick0891

Reaction score
I used it and my battery went down extremely fast

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

garysdroid

Reaction score
Seems like it works fine for me. In drain, unless your an avid text er or have a auto text responder running. Heck buy extra battery in eBay for 7.00 as a back up.

I Don't know? Its a ancient Chinese secret.

sweetchick0891

Reaction score
I am an avid Texter im trying out ringo right now to see how it works

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums