Go SMS Vs. Handcent

69copo

Reaction score
I've used Handcent and GOSMS and I've stayed with GO mainly because of the ease and smoothness of it (possibly because my whole phone is GO) and it doesn't drain the battery like Handcent seemed to plus GO has an LCARS theme and that just rocks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

mbell75

Reaction score
It appears Go has issues with ICS. Worked great while I was on GB but I get double messages on ICS. Hope they fix it, the last update was supposed to, it hasn't

SallyC

Reaction score
Handcent does the same thing as GO, it replies to EVERYONE in the group. I have not found a way to edit the settings, my work around is to start a new msg to the individual that I want to talk to rather than reply to the group msg

I had this same problem with GO and decided to just go back to the stock text app. I think it's ridiculous that the stock app can easily allow you to reply to just the sender but something as cool and slick as GO can't. GO figure!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem with GO and decided to just go back to the stock text app. I think it's ridiculous that the stock app can easily allow you to reply to just the sender but something as cool and slick as GO can't. GO figure!

I have struggled with this exact same issue. Why can't they make it like e-mail?!?! "Reply all" or "Reply" to sender only. The stock app allows you to reply to all or just the sender, but not to pick and choose. Go and Handcent both don't even give you that option as far as I can tell. If you go to settings and manage recipients in the stock app, it looks like you can pick and choose who to reply to, but it's non-functional. Dumb!