GO Launcher Resources

mikespe

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be here or the theme section...

I just became a fan of GO Launcher (been using the stock Blur on the Bionic) and I am absolutely in love with it. Runs flawlessly on the Bionic. I got a few themes from the market (Honeycomb & ICS) plus I got many of the GO widgets...

However I was looking for some other resources for these things plus dock backgrounds, icons (free if possible), tips, and any other resources that can make this great launcher better...

Thanks

REMilk

Reaction score
I suggest you check out Icons & Icon Packs - Download Free PNG Icons | IconsPedia for icons.

I also used "Folder Organizer"; I would use this on any Launcher/Home Screen.

I have mine set to hide icon names on the home screen, 6 rows by 4 columns.

The Home screen has Fancy Widgets small home for weather and time. This takes up 1 row, the remaining 5 rows are "Folder Organizer" folder icons and a couple of apps.

Screen 2 contains Touchdown Calendar Widget for corporate calendar, Go Calendar Widget for Google calendar, and Tasks N Todo Widget.

Screen 3 has Go widgets for Twitter and Facebook, and apps for Google+, Skype, and Google Voice.

My dock is set to 3 and it loops. My most frequently used apps are on the dock.

You will read that some folks will not use GO, as it uses a lot of "permisssions". I have been using Go for about 1-1/2 years and these permission have not caused me any problems.

Enjoy,
Bob

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
I suggest you check out Icons & Icon Packs - Download Free PNG Icons | IconsPedia for icons.

I also used "Folder Organizer"; I would use this on any Launcher/Home Screen.

I have mine set to hide icon names on the home screen, 6 rows by 4 columns.

The Home screen has Fancy Widgets small home for weather and time. This takes up 1 row, the remaining 5 rows are "Folder Organizer" folder icons and a couple of apps.

Screen 2 contains Touchdown Calendar Widget for corporate calendar, Go Calendar Widget for Google calendar, and Tasks N Todo Widget.

Screen 3 has Go widgets for Twitter and Facebook, and apps for Google+, Skype, and Google Voice.

My dock is set to 3 and it loops. My most frequently used apps are on the dock.

You will read that some folks will not use GO, as it uses a lot of "permisssions". I have been using Go for about 1-1/2 years and these permission have not caused me any problems.

Enjoy,
Bob

Thanks for the link to all the icons! If I download the png packs some are 128x128...what size should they be for the bionic?

Also thanks for reminding me about Folder Organizer! I forgot I got the full version a while back from Amazon's Free App of the Day!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I know with Go Launcher you can use docks that were intended for use with Launcher Pro. There are a ton of them out there to chose from.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
I know with Go Launcher you can use docks that were intended for use with Launcher Pro. There are a ton of them out there to chose from.

Thanks for the tip...are they on the market or in this forum? Theme section or app section?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
They are pretty scattered around here at best. I would recommend just doing a Google image search and going from there.